McCain recently got in touch to say that they'd created some delicious new recipes using their French Fries and asking if we'd like to try one of them out. We had the choice between :
· Turkey and Italian Herb Burger with Lemon Mayo and McCain French Fries
· Southern Spiced Chicken with Crunchy Crumb and McCain French Fries
· Crispy Pollock Fish Fingers in Tortilla Salad Wraps with McCain French Fries
· Mini Pita Pizzas with Pick’n’Mix toppings and McCain French Fries
We opted for the Turkey Burgers and a few days later, we received everything we'd need to make it.
Turkey and Italian Herb Burgers
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins (plus chilling time)
400g of Turkey thigh mince
1 small onion, finely diced
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dried Italian style herbs
A drizzle of olive oil
480g McCain French Fries
For the mayonnaise -
3 tbsp light mayonnaise
½ fresh lemon
1. Place the mince in a large mixing bowl and add the chopped onion, herbs, beaten egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
2. Using wet clean hands to stop the mixture sticking, shape the Burgers by dividing the mixture into four. Pop the burgers into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
3. In the meantime preheat the oven to 240°C / Gas Mark 9.
4. Pre heat the grill to medium (or heat a grill pan if preferred).
5. Grate the zest from the lemon into the mayo along with the juice for the lemon. Mix and chill until needed.
6. Spread some McCain French Fries in a single layer on a large oven sheet and bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.
7. While the fries are cooking, place the burgers on the grill tray or grill pan, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side, ensuring they are cooked through before serving.
8. Serve in buns with the McCain French Fries, salad leaves and lemon mayo.
These were absolutely delicious and I was stunned and just how simple they were to throw together. They're just as quick to make as frozen burgers and they taste so much nicer. Forget MaccyD's, bring on the MaccyC's !
Disclosure : We received the ingredients needed in order to try out the recipe.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :