Thursday 15 May 2014

Madhouse recipe : Lychee, Rose & Dried Cherry Yogurt Muffins


One of the flavoured olive oils from the Marina Colonna selection that I really wasn't sure what to do with was the rose-flavoured Rosaoliva one. I had a quick think, and a quick rummage through the cupboards, and came up with this recipe for Lychee, Rose & Dried Cherry Yogurt Muffins.

 Lychee, Rose & Dried Cherry Yogurt Muffins


ingredients :

1 can of lychees, drained and chopped into quarters
100g dried cherries
350g self-raising flour
100g golden caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
30ml rose-flavoured olive oil
350ml yoghurt (I used strawberry drinking yogurt)


This is a classic throw-it-all-in-and-mix-it-up recipe. Just put all the ingredients in a bowl, beat with a hand mixer (or by hand) for several minutes until it's all perfectly blended and you're good to go. I love the pale pink colour from the strawberry yogurt which went perfectly with the lychee and rose flavours.


Pour the muffin batter into silicon or paper cases and pop them in the oven at 190° for 25-30 minutes.


They smelt wonderful but they didn't seem to have risen much.


I tasted one and the taste is gorgeous but they had the consistency of bread pudding. I couldn't work out why and was about to blame it on the tinned lychees being too heavy when I suddenly realised that my flour canister has been filled with plain flour, not self-raising. Hmm that explains the texture then ! They're still disappearing rather swiftly because they taste so nice but definitely make sure you use self-raising flour for a lighter texture !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Vegetarian #BettaRecipe Challenge : Courgette and Potato Layered Casserole

2 comments:

  1. I need this oil! Love rose-flavoured food products. I would imagine these muffins tasted delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you as soon as I saw the rose-flavoured olive oil ! I must try these again with self-raising flour to do them justice

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...