Saturday 17 May 2014

Kent & Fraser Gluten-Free Biscuits review


Just in time for Coeliac Awareness Week which is this week (12th - 18th May), Kent & Fraser have introduced two new flavours to their award-winning range of all-natural, gluten and wheat free biscuits, cookies and shortbread. They kindly sent some through for us to try out.

The new additions are Fig & Hazelnut Crunchy Cookies and Toasted Almond Shortbread which are both very nice - toally moreish, even if you're not Coeliac, with a lovely crunchy, crumbly texture and the perfect balance of flavours. My favourites are the Fig & Hazelnut ones, because they're more unusual, making them seem more special and indulgent, but the shortbread is very nice too, with or without a cuppa ! It looked very pale when I took it out of the box but it tastes lovely and buttery.


Kent & Fraser have a whole range of yummy treats available, including some savoury takes on biscuits. You may remember last year, I reviewed their Vanilla Butter Crunch Sweet Biscuits and their Stilton & Walnut Savoury Biscuits.

They go out of their way to produce gluten-free biscuits that taste just as good as regular ones and I'd say they've totally succeeded in their mission !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.29 for 125g

for more information : http://www.kentandfraser.com/

Disclosure : I received the products in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

4 comments:

  1. Fig and hazelnut biscuits sounds delicious. Apart from fig rolls, you don't really come across figs in biscuits. Don't know why, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were at the garden centre earlier and they had fig plants - I was very tempted to get one !

      Delete
  2. I've tried their Toasted Almond Shortbread and enjoyed it! With my Crohn's, I have to watch what I eat as the slightest ingredient can cause a flare up and I must admit that many gluten free or lactose free products are pretty awful but these taste as nice as the non-gluten free varieties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to have come on in leaps and bounds in recent years - the first generation of gluten free products were definitely not great !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...