Wednesday 28 May 2014

Like Love Loathe linky - 28/5


This is only my second time of joining in with the like, love, loathe linkie but I love the chance to look back over the week and ponder on its highs and lows, for me and the others joining in. Without further ado, here are the tops and flops of my week.

LIKE - bonus days off

You can't beat a short week with a bonus bank holiday day off, especially when you also have an outing with one class and some exam invigilating with another to make the week fly by in the blink of an eye. Can't believe we're almost into June - where did May go ?! Only one month to go and it's the holidays - yay !

LOVE - homemade gifts

I absolutely LOVED all the homemade gifts that were excitedly thrust at me for mother's day - you can't beat watching a 4-year-old proudly rectiting, word perfect, a poem that he learnt at school for the occasion. Or a 9-year-old secretly beaming when you pick the mug that she made for you out of the cupboard when you put the kettle on ! 

LOATHE - petty vandalism

On Sunday night (or technically Monday morning) around 2am, I was woken up by a car alarm going off in the street outside our house. It went on for ages and I grumbled to Madhouse Daddy about the owners not coming out to sort it out before rolling over and going back to sleep. When I went to work on Monday morning, the whole car park was covered in foam and there was a totally burnt out car - eek ! Apparently kids had set fire to it and I totally missed the whole episode where the firemen came and put it out ! Talking to a friend who works at the local paper, she said that there had been a whole series of cars set on fire during the night. What is the point ?

If you fancy joining in, head over to this week's Like Love Loathe linkie here.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Like, Love, Loathe Linkie - 21/5/14

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your like, love and loathe subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all three of these, I could understand why someone might want to steal a car, but burning it out doesn't even benefit them, so what's the point?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I'm definitely with you, especially on the loathe part of it. What's the point, other than sheer malice. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...