Wednesday 21 May 2014

Buying in bulk to help save money and the planet?


When NCS Online got in touch with me a few weeks ago, I have to admit, I'd never heard of them. I was, however, instantly attracted by their main argument - buying in bulk to save money. They explain : "Have you ever tried saving money by buying necessities in bulk? NCS Online is an online cleaning supplier and they’d like to send you a complimentary 5ltr carton of industrial washing up liquid. Four of these cartons would retail at a £4.25 unit price. 500ml bottles of high end washing up liquid like Fairy retail at £1.60." The maths is simple - 10 x £1.60 = £16, meaning you pay almost 75% less for buying in bulk. (If you buy less than four which, to be honest, in a domestic situation, you would, they retail at £5.52 which is still a considerable saving.)

Saving money is always a welcome bonus, but I was also attracted by the eco-friendly aspect. By decanting the NCS product into a recycled empty washing up bottle, that's also 10 plastic bottles that won't find their way into landfill and 10 bottles that didn't need to be made in the first place, saving on energy and resources.

The washing up liquid that they sent me through is the Bactericidal Washing Up Liquid, which they describe as "a high quality thick neutral pH bactericidal detergent, for the sink washing of crockery & kitchen utensils". It's not bad at all, getting everything clean and tackling grease and grime - I love the fact that it's bactericidal so kills off the germs that you can't see too - and it's gentle on my hands. It doesn't have the lovely smell or look as glamorous as the big name brands, but that's a minor drawback.

Washing up liquid isn't the only product that NCS Online sell - you can have a look through their Kitchen Products page to see the full range but as a rough guide, they have dishwasher detergent, cleaning products, laundry products and oven cleaning products, as well as different washing up liquids. In other categories, they sell everything from air fresheners and hand sanitiser to baby wipes and toilet roll too !

for more information : http://www.ncsonline.co.uk/

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

How to get the kids in on the spring cleaning !

The newest green reflex : #RecycleYourHeadphones !

5 comments:

  1. I'm all for saving a bit of money and if I can do a little bit to save the planet too then why not! I will be checking out this website. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bulk buying is a great idea for products you know you're going to use on a daily basis your whole life. Just don't know where I would put it all in my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep ours in the garage and fill up a small bottle as needed.

      Delete
  3. Is this company still trading?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...