Saturday 2 May 2015

Madhouse recipe : Raisin Oat Biscuits


My mission to clear out my kitchen cupboards is gaining momentum and today's find was a big bag of porridge oats. We like eating porridge here at The Madhouse but now that the warmer weather is on the way, I'm sure we won't be eating it very often, so I needed to find something else to do with it. I still want to give overnight oats a try but I decided to knock up some simple oat biscuits, adding raisins to give them a bit of extra sweetness and juiciness. It's a really simple throw-it-all-in-and-mix recipe that is light on the washing up too !

Raisin Oat Biscuits


ingredients :

2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup milk (I used some oat milk that was in the fridge)
1tsp vanilla paste
4 cups oats
1 & 3/4 cups flour
1tsp baking powder
1 cup raisins


Cream together the butter and sugar then mix in the rest of the ingredients.


Place flattened dollops on a greased baking tray.


Bake for 8-10 minutes and leave to cool slightly before removing them from the baking tray.


Fancy having a rummage in your kitchen cupboards, fridge, freezer or spice rack to see what needs using up? See what you can make with it then come and share on the #KitchenClearout linkie :)

8 comments:

  1. I really love the rustic look to these biscuits xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the rustic look to these biscuits xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh they look lush! I may have to get my bake on tomorrow! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of these, and I'm sure they wouldn't last long in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These biscuits look absolutely gorgeous and look relatively simple to make too! I am sure I have most of the ingredients in amongst my kitchen cupboards as I desperately need to have a clear-out! If I do have them. I think my youngest and I will be having a go this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what temperature do we cook at?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 180 should do it, there's nothing in there that can't be eaten raw anyway so the kids kept nicking bits out of the bowl before it was cooked !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...