Tuesday 5 May 2015

The weighting game ! Ozeri WeightMaster II Digital Bathroom BMI Scale review


Quite some time ago (in fact, I've just been to check and it was back in April 2013, which shows how long they last !), I was sent some Ozeri Touch II Digital Bathroom Scales to review. You can click through to read my review of those but basically, I love them. When they got in touch again recently and asked if I'd like to review some new bathroom scales, the Ozeri WeightMaster II Digital Bathroom BMI Scale, I hesitated - did I actually need any new ones? Could they be any better than the originals? Well, I'm so glad I said yes - they're flipping brilliant !


The first time you get on them, your weight comes up in a bright blue box. I was already pretty impressed - the back light is really bright and makes it easy to read the numbers, the design looks very snazzy and they feel nice to stand on - not slippery and not cold, like many metallic scales.


Then they ask you to put in your height - you only have three buttons to push (up, down and set) so there's no need to break out the instruction manual !


Now if you get back on, they will display not just your weight but also your instantly-calculated BMI (body mass index), which is a much more valuable figure for tracking weightloss. You may have noticed the P1 on the left - that's profile 1, you can store up to eight unique users and (as long as you all have different weights and heights !) it will automatically detect which user is standing on them.


I got off and back on again. My weight was the exactly same (a good test as it isn't always the case with digital scales !) so after displaying my weight and BMI, I got a blue screen with a 0.0kg change.


I took my jumper off and got back on again. My weight and new BMI were displayed.


Then the screen turns green to show I've lost weight (yay, if only it was as easy as taking off a jumper !) and it shows that I have lost 0.7kg since my last weigh-in.


I put my jumper back on and got back on. The screen turns red to show that I've put weight on (boo !) and shows the gain since last time. The L1 shows the net weight change since your last recorded weight but, once I've been using them for a long time, I will also be able to see L3 (net weight change from previous 3 recorded weights), L7 (net weight change from last 7 recorded weights) and L30 (same again but last 30 weights). If you're a bit of a scales junkie and like to weigh yourself every day, this will give you the chance to see how you're doing on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, which is much more reliable than taking into account the normal fluctuations day-to-day (and even within the same day).

They also have a slip resistant exterior treated with Microban antimicrobial protection that disrupts the growth of stain and odour-causing bacteria and helps to keep them clean and a tempered glass interior that can weigh up to 440 pounds/200kg in graduations of 0.2lbs/0.1kg.

I love the funky design, the colour change is brilliant (and motivational) and the fact that it instantly calculates your BMI is brilliant. If you put together a wishlist of everything you want in the perfect set of bathroom scales, I can't think of anything I would want that isn't already offered by the  Ozeri WeightMaster II Digital Bathroom BMI Scales. (Aha I have found one small niggle from comparing notes with other reviewers - you can only see your weight in kilograms or pounds, not stones. It's not an issue for me as I use kilos but it could be for some.)

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £69.99 but only £29.99 on amazon



Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Family Fever

8 comments:

  1. Really interesting review and I really like some of the features. The precise weight measurement and how much change would be great... But I wouldn't like that it doesn't measure in stones.. And I am not the hugest fan of BMI as a form of measurement in general as I don't think it takes everything into account. Great review though :) #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these sound fab! I try to stay away from the scales as mine seem to fluctuate all the time but these sound really accurate :) #TriedTested

    Gym Bunny Mummy | Bloglovin’ | Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about the fluctuations, and it's often inversely related to the effort you've put in too !

      Delete
  3. These sound fantastic! It's a shame they don't measure in stones though....I'm clueless when it comes to kilograms x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do measure in pounds too, if that helps !

      Delete
  4. I received these too, they're fab aren't they? We use them all the time now x #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know although I'm currently focusing on fitness, and small changes AND avoiding the scales, these look flipping amazing. I love a good gadget, the fact that it goes green if you've lost weight is just fab. I might have to look into these in the future!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, that's my favourite feature !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...