Friday 22 May 2015

This month's Kitchen Trotter box : it's all Greek to me !


This month's Kitchen Trotter box has just arrived and the destination is Greece. I didn't think this one was particularly exotic or surprising, but maybe that's because I had a Greek-themed box when I was with Kitchen Nomad.


No prizes for guessing that there would be some olives in this box - there's actually a jar of Kalamata Olives and also a jar of Cream of Kalamata Olives.


Followed by a tin of olive oil.


Moving away from the olives, there is also a pack of crispy sesame seed bars.


Some peanuts. I wouldn't have thought of them as a Greek ingredient !


And a fantastically fragrant "bush" of oregano. This is making the whole kitchen smell amazing - and also making me crave pizza !


The recipes don't look very complicated this time - firstly a simple Greek Salad.


Followed by Greek-style red mullet  with condiments


This one sounds a bit strange ! - Greek yogurt mousse with olive oil and strawberries


And finally Greek pita.

That all sounds very homely and family-friendly so the Madhouse kids will probably prefer this box to some of the more exotic ones !

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...