Saturday 11 April 2015

Bathtime fun with the new Tesco kids range (review)


Hands up if you have a Frozen fan in your midst ! It seems as if the whole world has gone Frozen-crazy so when Tesco sent us through a couple of the products from their new kids' bathing range and we saw the Frozen-themed bottle of the Bath and Shower Bubbles, we knew they were on to a winner. The product itself is lovely, so the Frozen packaging is just the icing (ice-ing - get it ?!) on the cake. What makes it so lovely? It smells nice and - get ready for it - it has added glitter *squeals*. (The squeals came from the kids, not me, I hasten to add - both Pierre and Juliette loved the idea, who said boys can't get sparkly too?!). As a parent, I also like the low price tag (£2 for a big 400ml bottle).

The Squid Soap is ingenious. I thought the squid theme was just to look pretty on the side of the sink but it's as functional as it is funky. When you press on the ring on top of the nozzle to dispense the soap, you get a dot of "squid" ink on your hand so you have to wash your hands thoroughly for at least 30 seconds to get rid of it. Now that Pierre washes his hands all by himself, I'm never sure how good a job he does, so this is a great idea, proving to me that his hands are perfectly clean (or showing him that he needs to get them cleaner). Funnily enough, he doesn't complain at all when it's the squid ink telling him to go back and try again, unlike when I tell him !

The complete range also includes Big Hero 6 Bath & Shower Bubbles £2.00; Magic Facecloth £2.00 and Sponge Mitt £1.60 and Despicable Me Hand Wash, £2.00.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : Squid Soap £1.99, Frozen Bath & Shower Bubbles £2

Disclosure : We received the products in order to write an honest review.

Family Fever

8 comments:

  1. My youngest son would love this but he suffers with eczema and has to be really careful what he uses, they look like lovely products though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the squid soap, I may have to go and get one for my little man, he will love it. Great review. #TriedTested x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Squid soap looks loads of fun....
    I got some very similar Frozen bubble bath from Poundland the other week :D x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun range - bathtimes are great aren't they #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really fun. will have to look out for them next time I do my shopping #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww these look great, my little monkeys would love them #TriedTested Mummy2Monkeys x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love the Squid Soap, and the Frozen stuff would be a hit here too! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...