Sunday 5 April 2015

#KitchenClearout roundup #1 & April linkie

 
So here we are with the first ever #KitchenClearout Roundup. I've loved getting a glimpse at what other people have lurking at the back of their cupboards and I'm reassured to see that I'm not the only one with half-used jars or old packets taking up space. I have to say, I think we're a pretty inventive lot too !
 

It' the perfect time to try making these Hot Cross Buns - well done Alison, they look great !


Galina constantly astounds me with her inventive cake recipes and this Chai Cake looks divine.
 
 
On to the packets ! A Chicken and Leek Bake seasoning sachet provided a tasty but quick midweek meal.
 
 
So Tender Italian Herbs cooking papers to use in the frying pan - great flavoured chicken and a clean frying pan at the end, sounds like a win-win situation to me !
 
 
 
 Two birds with one stone - a double whammy of sachets with this combination of Mojito Lime Salmon and Cheesy Veg.
 
 
You can't beat a fridge cake (or in our case several fridge cakes !) for clearing out the baking cupboard - we used up cereal, stale cake, sprinkles, dried fruit, ...
 
 
 
Soft cheese and Chorizo Briouates used up the last few sheets of filo pastry and the last bit of my homemade cheese nicely.
 
 
And finally, one for the bin ! An #oldestspice competition led to the discovery of this Celery Salt with a use by date of December 2000 ! Eeeek !
 
Now that Easter is here and spring is on the way, why not get spring cleaning in your kitchen and join in with this month's #KitchenClearout linkie? The idea is, you have a rummage in your cupboards (or fridge or freezer or spice rack) and find something that's been lurking in there feeling unloved then do something with it. You could link up recipes you've created or meals you've produced or maybe just do a "oh my goodness, look how far past it's sell by date this was !" type of post. I'm hoping some of you will have the same kinds of things as me lurking in your cupboards so you can inspire me with ways of using them up. At the very least, it should inspire some of us kitchen hoarders to have a good clearout ! 
 

 
You can link up as many posts as you like, old or new - just add my badge to your blogpost somewhere please and add a link to the monthly linkie post (that's this one for this month).







10 comments:

  1. what a great idea for a linky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, hope to see you joining in this month :)

      Delete
  2. Aww thank you Cheryl for your most kind words! Hope to join in this month as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too ! Look forward to seeing what you come up with :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the mention :) Hope to join in again this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a tin of black treacle in my cupboard for a good year or so that runs out this month, we've so far had a ginger and treacle loaf, treacle glazed gammon and I'm planning on making some treacle biscuits haha! I always plan my recipes by what's going out of date
    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could make for interesting meals ! lol - I made some honeycomb with black treacle once to use it up - looked very strange but tasted ok !

      Delete
  5. I am so in favour of this linky! My cupboards are bulging and my freezers are struggling to shut! Thanks for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen - as you can see from the picture, so are mine (and that's just the baking cupboard !)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...