Sunday 26 April 2015

Sunday weigh-in : Sod the scales !


OK, I'm going to say this quickly and get it out of the way - this week I put on 500g. No biggie but I really think I deserved a loss ! Oh well, on to the positives ...

Last week, I stunned myself by completing a 30 minute jog on the Wii Fit, moving up from my usual 10 minute endurance runs and a tentative 20 minute one. Well, this week, I blasted it and completed THREE 30 minute jogs. I'm obviously getting fitter too because the first few times, even after 10 or 20 minutes, I felt tired out and could hear the blood pumping in my ears. (I even googled it to see if I should stop but apparently, having ringing ears after a workout is common.) Now I can do a 30 minute jog then just carry on with my day after a glass of water. My distance is also increasing, from 5.8km to 6.3km in the 30 minute slot.

So on balance, who cares what the scales say ?! (The killer was, I weighed myself on Wednesday morning - 85.8kg. Had a SlimFast for lunch, did a 30 minute jog, ate well in the evening. Got up on Thursday, jumped on the scales - 86.6kg. WHAT ?!! Assumed it was just water retention and would disappear but it didn't. So definitely not fair !)

Positives of the week

- 3 x 30 minute runs - go me !

- I'm now on holiday for a fortnight and I've got the Madhouse kids in on the Wii Fit so we'll be able to do some jogs together ! Weather permitting, we'll get out for lots of long walks too,although as they're still getting over last week's illness, I don't want to overdo it.

Current targets 

Last week's target :Do 2 x 30 minute Wii Fit runs. Stay in the 85's. (I'll say DONE even if the scales weren't playing along)


This week's targets : Keep to 3 x 30 minute runs. Start listening to the Slimpod again.

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months - plenty of time for heading off to Turkey in August !

first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) (done),
 second goal - get back to 85.9kg, my pre-xmas weight (done )
third goal : get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
fourth goal : get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
fifth goal : get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
sixth goal : get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 85.8kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 86.3kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  7.5kg
STILL TO GO : 17.4kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +0.5kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)









get the InLinkz code





Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


16 comments:

  1. You rock girl! There are so many positives that a mere 500g is nothing. It could be just the muscles growth since you workout more often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for working on it and not getting deflated by results you don't like. There are so many factors involved in weight loss that it can be so daunting. When I'm trying to lose weight, I personally weigh myself every morning before having any food or water. But I jot down the weight for that day and then forget about it - at the end of the week, I average it out, so my week-by-week weights are more accurate than doing a single weekly weigh-in. But that can be too stressful if you can't easily forget about your daily numbers, and stress will just make it harder to shift weight.

    Stick with it, and keep focussing on the positives! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah - averaging it out sounds like good sense xx

      Delete
  3. well done, obviously getting fitter so that is always good. My weight has remained steady for ove 20 ys now, a lb or 2 up and down here and there but always settle back where it was happy.I eat healthy but pretty much what I want.
    So I have a reason to want to loose weight - my daughters upcoming wedding. So I have cut down portion size, up the exercise doing an extra 10 -15 miles of fast paced walking every week since start of feb, consciously looking at healthy eating, and so far lost a measly lb ( or in French money half a kilo)
    It is sickening, you would think that not even changing my eating and upping my exercise would be enough but seems not.
    Very annoying, but guess I am going to be the fat relative whether I like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in pretty much the same boat - I noticed that my weight is the same as just before Christmas ! Oh well, time to focus on being more fit rather than less fat ! lol

      Delete
  4. Scales suck, they really do! You work bloody hard and they don't budge or go in the wrong direction. They don't take new muscle mass into consideration, unless you have a super dooper spangly set. I'm not worrying about weight loss this week, it's all about the fitness side. You are doing so well with the running keep it up chick! You can be my wingman pacer come my race! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually have some flash new ones that track everything that I got sent to review - haven't had a chance to play with them yet though !

      Delete
    2. Crack them open and get using them!! :)

      Delete
  5. Ignore the scales you know you're doing well so keep it up! Just think how far you're coming on your fitness trail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think I need to focus on fit not fat

      Delete
  6. Get rid of the scales! At least for now, do the right things, eat a little less but not too less, move more, become fitter and it all becomes easy, the scales always makes things worse - apart from the ones that weight out food, they can stay! It sounds like you're doing great Cheryl! Sod the scales.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I needed to read this post, despite my scales being very kind I don't feel like I'm at the place I expected - but I have stopped eating the rubbish that I was and my body tells me when I eat rubbish that it doesn't like it, it's not used to it any more!

    Have you been measuring and doing fat %? You may find that your fat has decreased and your muscle increased, hence the gain. Then there's the changes within your body depending on where in your cycle you are. There are so many reasons why you may have put on a little.

    Also, I weigh less than you, but there is no way in hell I could run for 30 mins. You are definitely doing the right thing!

    #weightlosswednesday

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...