Tuesday 14 April 2015

Kents Kitchen Brazilian Moqueca Capixaba meal kit (review)


After taking some cod out of the freezer, I had a few recipe ideas up my sleeve but in the end, I decided to turn to my kitchen cupboard for inspiration and came across this Kents Kitchen Brazilian Moqueca Capixaba meal kit. It promises a tasty Brazilian fish stew in just twenty minutes which sounded perfect.


Inside the pack, you get three pots - garlic infused oil, capixaba paste and lemon & coriander seasoning. The packaging says to add a tin of tomatoes, an onion and white fish but there aren't any cooking instructions so I wasn't sure what to add when.


First I fried up the onion in the garlic oil.


Then I added the fish and the paste and cooked for a couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes and leaving to simmer for 5 minutes.


I added the final pot - the lemon and coriander seasoning (and was't sure if it should be stirred in or just sprinkled over the top). I decided to give it some extra colour by throwing a handful of black olives on top (but I'm not sure that's very authentic for a Brazilian dish !).

It's quite sloppy so could be served in a bowl with a hunk of crusty bread or over rice, like we did. It's quite tasty but could have done with a bit of chilli heat. It would also be nice made with a mixture of prawns, white fish and salmon.

If you fancy trying the recipe from scratch, you might like to check out my two recipes for Brazilian fishy stews - Moqueca de Peixe and Vatapa - in my globecooking section.


Fancy having a rummage in your kitchen cupboard to see what needs using up? Join in with the April #KitchenClearout linkie !

3 comments:

  1. How on earth do you pronounce it?! Never tried something like this before & would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea! I am sure we have some things lurking in the back of the cupboards that we have no idea as to what they are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...