Sunday 17 March 2013

Sunday weigh-in : Much better than expected !


This week has been the week from hell, work-wise. Every single one of my half-days - Wednesday afternoon, Friday afternoon and Saturday morning - have been taken away as unpaid overtime due to the school's open day. It's not so much the going in to work that causes chaos, it's the fact that I have had no time for marking (let alone washing and cleaning !) so I spent all yesterday afternoon and this morning clearing my marking pile.

I'm not a comfort eater (well, I don't think I am anyway) but I have discovered this week that I'm a reward eater. When motivation was dwindling, I frequently found myself making deals with myself - "go on, one more set of tests to mark then you can have a chocolate/cake/biscuit". I did try replacing this with fruit or 10 minutes online, but it just didn't work. The fruit didn't seem inspiring enough and the 10 minutes invariably stretched out and wasted too much time.

I've eaten so many treats this week - 2 bowls of Ben & Jerry's ice cream, an ice cream bar at the school canteen, several slices of apple cake and some of the carrot cakes that I made last week, chocolate, biscuits (admittedly they were WeightWatchers Jaffa cakes, but even so !), cheese, burger and chips instead of my usual salad at McDonalds ... I wasn't beating myself up about it, we all need a blowout every now and then, but I was expecting a gain this week, probably about 1kg judging by what I usually put on over Christmas or on holiday when I eat what I like.

Well, I just jumped on the scales and they said 79.1kg - I had a week off last week but that's no change at all since my last weigh-in 2 weeks ago. I'm counting that as a huge success !

Positives of the week

- This week has been a week off the diet, I've been eating whatever I feel like and that includes all the bad stuff, especially as most of it was in between-meal snacking. But I haven't put weight on ! That goes to show that this is sustainable and won't lead to yoyo-dieting. You can't live on lettuce and cabbage soup forever so being able to eat normally and maintain my weight is fab.

- I've been using lots of jars of cooking sauce this week, rather than cooking entirely from scratch, but I managed to get absolutely loads of vegetables in there, creating delicious but healthy meals. Great news when I'm short on time (as I will be the week after next).

- I haven't done any exercise this week at all, but we did all walk into town on Wednesday rather than taking the bus. Plus it was snowing so that must have burnt off a few extra calories keeping us warm !

- After having a week off and eating all those naughty treats that I usually avoid, I'm ready to get back on the wagon and eat healthily this week. In fact, I'm off to get my fruit & veg box right now !

This week's target 

Last week's target was : a loss however small - well, I failed but with the week I've had, I'm over the moon with a no change !

This week's target is : get back into healthy eating and cut back down on the snacks and foodie treats ! 

START WEIGHT : 91.9kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 78.9kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 79.1g
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  12.8kg
STILL TO GO : 13kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : + 200g (from 2 weeks ago)

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :)





Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also benefitted from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.

12 comments:

  1. Stay positive, and it's not easy to be under pressure for the whole week without any little treats. I have been nibbling on WW fruit crumble biscuits, they make me feel almost virtuous. Though Eddie might polish the whole lot in one go (there are 6 biccies in a box).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I haven't eaten those for a while, they're lovely too :)

      Delete
  2. Well done on staying the same!! Treats are one of those things you definitely cannot go without, but it's nice to know you can still properly maintain weight even with a little chocolate here and there! Yey!! Good luck with this next week!

    Sim @ Sim's Life xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really busy week, I hope this week is a little more relaxing for you.Well done for staying the same and good luck for next week.
    The linkie is up now on my blog, sorry it's a little late, I just didn't want to face the scales. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL No worries, I got on the scales with my eyes shut this morning - didn't work !! lol

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty much like you - had a week off and VERY relieved to have stayed the same. We're bound to have good weeks and bad. But I'm focusing on the long haul, and telling myself I'll be where I want to be by the end of this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to look at the bigger picture - well done you too :)

      Delete
  6. your still doing a fab job! this might be our week next week with a 3lb loss!! .. well i am hoping anyway! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Half way to your goal - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all need to relax a bit sometimes and have a little nibble of something good, good luck for the week ahead
    Jeannette @autismmumma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...