Tuesday 12 March 2013

Amoy Peanut Satay Sticky Glaze review


On the menu for dinner tonight at the Madhouse was Peanut Satay Chicken. Impressed? Well, you shouldn't be - it was dead easy to knock up an authentic-tasting dish in literally minutes using a sachet of Amoy's Sticky Glaze that we'd received to review.


I wasn't sure what it would taste like so I couldn't decide which vegetables would go with it. In the end, I went for straight chicken satay, using just a couple of chicken breast fillets chopped into chunks. This tasted lovely but I would have preferred some veggies in there. A quick look at the Amoy website suggests adding mange-tout, red onion and carrot and I do think those flavours would work very well with it so I'll definitely add those next time. Flavour-wise, it doesn't taste as peanutty as I expected (but you get the odd little lump that crunches and releases a little burst of peanut flavour) and it only has a very slight chilli kick. The coconut gives you the impression that it's halfway between a Chinese dish and a mild korma. Different but very tasty.


The pouch is easy to use - you just snip off the top and squeeze it straight out on the chicken. The pack suggests putting chicken strips on wooden skewers, adding the glaze and grilling them, but I didn't have any skewers so I just chopped the chicken up and added the sauce to the frying pan. There was just enough for dinner for two, but you would need two sachets if you wanted a family meal. (I wasn't sure the Madhouse Mini-testers would like the flavour so they had chicken, sweetcorn and mushroom in cream instead - with hindsight, I think they would have liked the mild flavour of the satay actually.)

Half a 120g sachet contains 102 calories, 5.9g of fat (of which 1.3g saturates), 1g of fibre, 10.3g of carbs (of which 6.5g sugars) and 1g of salt.

It's great to find a new recipe to add to my repertoire, especially as it is so quick and convenient to prepare so it's ideal for a simple dinner after a busy day at work.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : 99p for 120g

for more information : http://www.amoy.co.uk

Disclosure : I received a selection of Amoy products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

2 comments:

  1. Always keen to hear about ways for a quick meal on a busy evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love satay - this sounds great for a quick tea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...