Wednesday 13 March 2013

Eggstra special Easter treats from Ocado


As this rather funky reuseable shopping bag that Ocado sent through announces, I've got a handle on recycling ... but I've also got a handle on stocking up on Easter treats for all the family now ! They stuffed it full of some of the fab Easter goodies that you can buy from them.


Now, I knew that Ocado is the UK’s biggest online supermarket but I have to admit, I wouldn't have instantly thought of them as the first place to go looking for Easter eggs. They have in fact launched a dedicated Easter shop packed full of chocolatey treats - over 300 products from some of the UK’s favourite brands like Prestat, Lindt and Cadbury - and they sent through a gorgeous selection for us to sample.


First up, and the one that wowed us the most, was this totally indulgent Black Forest Gateau egg from Thorntons (RRP £9.99). I LOVE Black Forest Gateau and I always think that chocolate and cherries go together really well, so I knew I'd love this one. It  is made with chunky dark chocolate, juicy cherries and chocolate curls - utterly delicious and it weighs in at 468g so there's plenty to go around even if you share it with the whole family.


The one that made the Madhouse Mini-testers squeal with delight was the ultra cute Chocolate Duck from Lessiters. It weighs 45g, is made of Swiss chocolate and has an RRP of £2.99 (or buy any 2 for £5). I can't tell you what it tastes like because it's so cute, the kids want to keep it in one piece until after Easter !




The Lindt Chocolate Bunny is an Easter classic so we were excited to discover a whole family of them in the Lindt Gold Bunny Family Hutch. You get a Mummy Bunny, a Daddy Bunny and three baby bunnies - absolutely ideal for a family of five like us - or you might just want to eat the whole lot all by yourself because the chocolate is so lovely and creamy. (RRP : £6 for 130g)



And finally, the wonderfully named  Hope & Greenwood Farmer Greenwood's Farmyard with Praline Animals. I have to admit, this is a brand I'd never heard of but their tagline "Purveyors of Splendid Goods" definitely has me wanting to learn more. This is another one that looks so cute that the Madhouse Mini-testers begged not to eat them straight away because they're too pretty ! You get 3 Hazelnut Bunnies and 3 Hazelnut Ducks that look like they will be very tasty, when I'm finally allowed to eat them ! (RRP : £3.59)

Just a quick heads up that they also have a "Free From" Easter section, for anyone with special dietary requirements.

for more information : http://www.ocado.com

Disclosure : I received a selection of Easter treats from Ocado in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


The East India Company Chocolate Encased Strawberries and Raspberries review


1 comment:

  1. That's the sort of bag of goodies I'd like to receive. I always find those shopping bags useful too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...