Sunday 24 March 2013

Fruit & veg box delivery 24/3


This week Juliette begged to come to the market to pick up the fruit & veg box - I love the way it's made them get so enthusiastic about their 5-a-day ! I also love the fact that, despite knowing I won't have time to cook from scratch much next week, this will force us to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg all the same.


This week we got lots of different varieties of apples, two sorts of pears, some oranges, 2 mangoes, 2 punnets of strawberries, some bananas, some purple and yellow plums, a red onion and some round courgettes. These went down very well last time when I made some spicy chicken-stuffed round courgettes. Might make the same again or use up whatever leftovers are in the fridge instead !

Right, off to prepare a big bowl of strawberries sprinkled with a little vanilla sugar for dessert :)

Other blogposts you may be interested in :



6 comments:

  1. Wow that looks super healthy! Lovely to see the rainbow of colours... I'm trying to increase the amount of fresh fruit & veg I eat. I must admit I feel more like it when the weather is good - in winter I tend to eat less healthy stuff.

    It can also be difficult when other family members really don't like fruit & are picky with which veg they'll eat & complain when you try to give it to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely more inclined to eat fruit & veg in the summer - the fruit is much nicer and salads are more appealing.

      Delete
  2. We are fruit lovers in the house but since giving birth 3 months ago, I've been gravitating towards junk ESP chocs a bit too much....and that has knock on effects on the kids too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of stuffing round courgettes. My Dad grows them, so I may have to beg a few!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really nice and healthy as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...