Wednesday 13 March 2013

All Bran Red Berry Crunch review


If you say All Bran to my dad, he'll say "keeps you regular" ! I must admit that even for me, when I hear the words All Bran, I immediately think of something that I eat because it's healthy and low fat, rather than because it tastes really nice. I used to eat a bowl of the original All Bran with milk and chopped banana and feel very virtuous, rather than feeling like I'd eaten my breakfast of choice.

Well, all that could be about to change. We recently received a box of All Bran Red Berry Crunch to review and everybody, kids and adults alike, loved it. In fact, half the box disappeared in one sitting because everybody kept pinching another handful, until I took the box hostage and hid it in the kitchen !


When I poured out the first bowlful, 3-year-old Pierre made me laugh because he said "hey Mum, that's not for you, it's the dog's food" ! The brown, knobbly-bobbly clusters do look a bit like the dogs' food, I must admit ! But don't be put off - it tastes delicious.

All Bran describe their Berry Crunch as : "Oven baked crunchy multi-grain clusters of natural wheat bran fibre blended with raspberries and strawberries, so delicious you can enjoy for breakfast every single day!" That doesn't actually sound all that appealing to me, so you really do need to taste them to be convinced. 

I did a bit of a double-take when I saw the calorie content - 409 for 100g, along with 8g of protein, 63g of carbs and 11g of fat. Having a bit of a click around though, that's only slightly higher than similar cereals and you wouldn't eat 100g in one go. According to the box, one serving (45g serving with 125ml of semi skimmed milk) contains 243 calories and 15g of sugar. It also contains 6g of fibre.

It makes a delicious breakfast, but the kids also like grabbing a handful as an after-school snack straight from the box - it's definitely a healthier option than crisps or sweets, that's for sure !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.89 for 340g

Disclosure : I received a box of All Bran Red Berry Crunch in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

ROAR Porridge Pod review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...