Sunday 31 March 2013

Fruit & veg box 31/3


Lots of interesting looking green things in this week's veg box that I have no idea what to do with so I'll be googling or asking for your ideas ! I have some more Tree Fu Tom Trees (that's broccoli to anyone other than Pierre !), some green beans (that make me want to make a Salade Niçoise like the one we made here), a cucumber, some cherry tomatoes. So far so good, nothing complicated. Then I have fresh spinach - I usually use frozen which goes mushy so I mix it up with cream and parmesan, but I'll have to find something extra special to do with the fresh leaves. Then I have some beans that you've probably never seen before because they're from Brittany - they're called "coco de Paimpol" in France, though I'm not sure what they're translated as. I'm thinking of using them in the slow cooker but I'm not sure really.


Nothing unusual in the fruit side - just some oranges, apples, pears, a punnet of strawberries and a red onion, which should be in the vegetable photo !

I also have some round courgettes that Madhouse Daddy Mike picked up at the supermarket - looks like they've become a regular feature alongside the carrots, onions and potatoes that he usually buys !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


What's Cooking at the Madhouse next week? Menu Plan 29/3

8 comments:

  1. You can freeze the fresh spinach in the bag, then crunch it up in the bag when frozen and add it to whatever you like :) Alternatively have a base of puff pastry, spread Boursin on it, a layer of spinach, some poached salmon and top with mozzarella, then bake - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can freeze the fresh spinach in the bag, then crunch it up in the bag when frozen and add it to whatever you like :) Alternatively have a base of puff pastry, spread Boursin on it, a layer of spinach, some poached salmon and top with mozzarella, then bake - yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh love the sound of the salmon and spinach puff pastry bake :)

      Delete
  3. The coco de Paimpol look interesting. I reckon I would use them in some kind of stew or casserole too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane Middleton6 April 2013 at 18:41

    Love fresh spinach, adds so much flavour to recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE fresh fruit and veg :D x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...