Saturday 16 November 2013

Recipe : Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares


Having received  a new cookery book to review - Parragon's Bake Like The Best : The Essential Baking Bible - I flicked through to find a recipe to try out and came across these rather tasty Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares. They were very simple to make and I had everything I needed in the cupboard, which was a great bonus. (You can read my review of the book here.)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares

makes 20 

ingredients :

300g milk chocolate
350g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
225g butter
350g soft light brown sugar
175g rolled oats
70g chopped mixed nuts
1 egg, beaten
400g can condensed milk
70g crunchy peanut butter

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.


Finely chop the chocolate. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the butter and rub in using your fingertips to make breadcrumbs.


Stir in the sugar, oats and nuts. Put a quarter of the mixture in a separate bowl and add the chocolate. Set this aside and add the egg to the remaining mixture.


Press the eggy mixture into the base of a 30 x 20cm baking tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile mix together the condensed milk and peanut butter. Pour this over the biscuit base and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining mixture (from the bowl with the chocolate) and press down lightly.


Return to the oven and bake for a further 20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool in the tin then cut into squares.

Link up your recipe of the week

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Green, eggs and ham(burger) casserole

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to use peanut butter. I give my boys nuts but as my husband can't stand peanut butter I never buy it. But I think this would be a great way to introduce them to the taste and flavour! #recipeoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound and look lovely! I only wish my daughter could eat oats because I would be making them in a flash! I will have to see if they work with rice flakes or something! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious - great as energy bars too, I'd think.

    Thanks very much for linking up with #recipeoftheweek. I've pinned this :) Also I've just put a fresh linky live for this week and would love you to join in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...