Friday 1 November 2013

What's Cooking at The Madhouse next week? menu plan 1/11/13


I didn't do a menu plan for last week because we were heading off for a christening for a few days so I wouldn't need to cook. It actually seemed strange to wing it every day and have no idea of what I was planning on cooking, even though I used to do it all the time ! It was fun to go with the flow but it did require several emergency trips to the shop for missing ingredients, which is fine when I'm on holiday but reminded me why menu planning is a good idea when I'm back at work. And sadly, 'll be back at work next week - boo hiss - so I'm back to menu planning !

Saturday

lunch - Freekeh salad with mackerel for the grown-ups; fishfingers, chips and beans for the kids !

dinner - I might try out several recipes from my Kitchen Nomad boxes at once and do a tapas style mix-and-match meal ! I fancy soft baked feta with tortillas, dolmades (stuffed vine leaves), spiced aubergine and courgette pakoras and cucumber and tomato raita. How's that for globe-cooking?!

Sunday

lunch - Back to the best of British cuisine with a traditional Sunday roast with all the trimmings - we'll be having cheese stuffed pork this week with roast spuds and veggies.

dinner - a sandwich, cheese on toast or a bowl of porridge, or maybe Madhouse Daddy will knock up some soup

Monday  

dinner Vietnamese crispy crepes, in theory to use of the leftover pork so I hope there is some !

Tuesday

dinner - pasta bake of some description

Wednesday

lunch  Vietnamese Beef Stew

dinner - Roast Stuffed Pumpkin With Gingery Tomato Sauce (a very seasonal Nigella Lawson recipe), dependent on me finding a suitable pumpkin at the farmers' market

Thursday

dinner -  I think there will be plenty of leftovers in the fridge to use up - if not, Spanish tortilla style omelettes

Friday

dinner - some sort of homemade quiche with salad 

Extras : if I find the time, I want to try :
Chilli Honey Apple Crumble
Date & Tahini Truffles
Carrot Halva
Flapjacks

Can you tell I'm making space in my kitchen cupboards ?!


***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...