Sunday 24 November 2013

Sunday weigh-in : Not fair !



This week, I have gone for a 4km walk with the kids; done my fitness video; played races across the car park with the kids several times on the school run; played tag with Juliette at the park; walked an extra few stops rather than waiting for the bus in the cold several times ... I've eaten loads of veggie-based meals - the stuffed whole pumpkin lasted for several meals plus there was soup on a couple of nights. So I was more than a bit peeved to jump on the scales a couple of times this week and see the numbers moving in the wrong direction. Oh well, I'm feeling virtuous as I know I did everything right, even if the scales weren't playing along ! Overall it's a gain of 300g this week - not too bad but I was expecting a loss after my efforts !


Positives of the week

- Whatever the scales say, all that extra exercise has to be a good thing !

Current targets 

Last week's target was :   Reduce portion sizes. Increase quantities of fruit and veg and exercise. Get into the 81 point somethings. (Well, I did do the hard bit, even if it doesn't show !)

This week's targets : A loss - however small. I just need to get my badges going back in the right direction !

Longer-term targets : Get back to the 70-somethings. Get my badges back to "weight lost" being more than "left to lose" (they were on 29lb lost/28lb left to lose just before the summer so let's aim to get back there as quickly as possible.)

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 82.9kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 83.2kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  10.5kg
STILL TO GO : 15.3kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +0.3kg 

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :) 







Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


5 comments:

  1. Exercise is always good, 300g isn't much of a gain, unless it's a full lb I never count it. Little things can effect weight but it is hard not to take it personally!

    Do you count your calories? I know a lot of focus is on cutting down on what we eat but are you sure you're eating enough? I've found it just as important to eat enough for my bmr are is it to cut down.

    It sounds like you've had a great week though, it's always annoying when you work hard for what seems like no result but I'm sure it will come!

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've stopped food tracking - that's something I could start again actually :)

      Delete
  2. Well done on all the exercise and healthy eating, sounds like the kids have had lots of fun with you. Forget what number the scales are giving and just carry on with what you're doing, your hard work will show in your clothes, and health no matter what the scales say. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pep-talk, very wise words :) Hope you've had a good week xxx

      Delete
  3. Ack the scales can be cruel, even when you know you have had a really fabulous week - ignore them - I bet you have proper toned up!!
    Sim x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...