Monday 15 December 2014

Blackhead Killer Gift Box review


Style Lux recently sent us through their Blackhead Killer Gift Box to put through its paces. You may remember that we tried out the masks on their own last year - you can read that review here - so I was keen to see how the extra products would complement them and enhance the skin-pampering experience.

You get three products in the box - a facial cleanser, to prepare your skin for a thorough deep clean by unclogging pores and removing impurities, the all-important masks (five sachets) to remove blackheads but also impurities, excess oil and dead skin cells, and a face moisturizer to soothe skin, close pores and help prevent any future blackhead outbreaks. 


I invited Sophie to join in with the testing and her face was a picture when she saw just how black the mask was ! When I wrote my initial review last year, I found that the mask didn't dry out completely in some places but this time we had no problems whatsoever - whether that was down to a change in the product formula or the fact that we applied it more thinly, I don't know.


After about 10-15 minutes, it was time to peel off the mask. This is a great mother-daughter bonding experience because I was killing myself laughing when Sophie kept going "ow, ow, ow, it's pulling out all my little moustache hairs" !


I was slightly worried because she'd slathered it all over her whole face, including her eyebrows, and I had visions of her pulling her eyebrows off along with the mask ! I gave her a cleansing face wipe and she managed to remove the residue from her eyebrows with no effort, but I would advise you avoid them when applying the product to the skin !

The mask peeled off cleanly, leaving no residue behind, and Sophie was amazed at how soft her skin felt and how fresh and healthy it looked. The moisturizer is quite thick so it's lovely as a night cream - it might be a bit heavy if you're planning on putting make-up on straight away, but who wants to cover their face in foundation straight after getting it so beuatifully clean anyway ?!

All three products are lovely and leave your skin feeling thoroughly pampered, but I still did a double take when I saw the price - £89.90 - not because the products themselves aren't high quality and luxurious, but because the packaging looks more like something that you'd find on a shelf in a high street pharmacy rather than a high-end product. It does have the advantage of being unisex - the products would be great for people of both sexes who want to look after their skin and the packaging reflects this - but I would have preferred a sturdier, more sophisticated-looking box to reflect the quality and price tag.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £89.90

for more information : http://stylelux.co.uk/beauty-accessories/blackhead-killer-gift-box-incl-5-pack-blackhead-killer-cleanser-and-moisturizer (link removed because there seem to be lots of issues with the website charging people who haven't actually placed an order - proceed with caution !)

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Edition Edelweiss skincare review

2 comments:

  1. £89.90!!! And the packaging is not even nice! What does it have in it that's so expensive? Gold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite possibly, along with some frankincense and myrrh ! ;-) The facemasks on their own (which are my favourite part) are much cheaper.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...