Friday 19 December 2014

The Gü Hot Chocolate Edible Cup Challenge !


I do love a good cookery challenge and a couple of weeks ago, I had an exceptionally Gü-d one pop into my inbox ! Gü, best known for their totally decadent puddings, have launched a new range of ready-to-heat hot chocolate (or chocolate milk, if you prefer to drink it cold). It comes in three flavours - regular chocolate, salted caramel and mocha - and just needs to be poured out of the carton into a mug and zapped in the microwave (or warmed in a saucepan, if you're a bit of a traditionalist).

Gü invited us to come up with an edible teacup to mark the launch which sounded like a very fun challenge. My first thought was making a sort of biscuit or cake cup but I thought it might leak and get very soggy, so I decided to think outside of the box, looking around The Madhouse kitchen for inspiration, and my eyes settled on ... an apple. Hmmm, it's got potential !


I was actually very impressed with how well it came out. I cut off the top and hollowed it out with a spoon, cut a handle shape out of the top part that I sliced off then decorated it around the rim with icing and chocolate sprinkles. I used a bit more icing to stick on the handle and some pretty flower cupcake decorations. It looked very pretty but would it be a success as a cup?


How cool is that ? It actually worked !

Some of my favourite bloggers have also risen to the challenge, so make sure you check out Alison's gingerbread cups (she was braver than me !), Lilinha's chocolate cups and Galina's spectacular ice cream cone chocolate cups.

Whether or not you fancy making an edible cup (and if you do, let me know how you get on !), I strongly recommend the Gü hot chocolate. We tried the salted caramel one which has a beautifully rich, smooth, sophisticated flavour, perfect for warming your cockles after traipsing around the shops in the cold trying to find those last elusive presents ! You'll find it in the milk aisle and it has an RRP of £1.99 for 750ml.

Disclosure : I received some vouchers to take part in the challenge.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

My foodie bargain finds of the day !

Rhythm 100% Virgin Coconut Milk review

12 comments:

  1. I love this! Fabulous idea, it really looks the part as well.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be honest, it came out much better than I expected !!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! Love your fruity cup! That's pure genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought it might be more leakproof than a biscuit or cake one !

      Delete
  3. I just have to try the Gu hot chocolate! Great edible cup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an interesting idea, very creative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They said they wanted to try a challenge that was more creative than a straight review - great idea ! :)

      Delete
  5. That is lovely, so pretty. The flowers look fab

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love apples and hot chocolate, so I am sure your edible cup would taste lovely.
    I've linked to yours here: http://lilinhaangel.com/2014/12/how-to-make-edible-chocolate-cup-and-marshmallow-snowman/
    Happy New Year! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...