Thursday 18 December 2014

DVD review : The Missing


Have you been watching The Missing on BBC1? To be honest, I wasn't sure I was going to like it when I first read the synopsis, because it sounded like a carbon copy of the Maddie McCann story and that seemed wrong somehow. The trailers sucked me in though so I tuned in to have a quick look and right from the first episode, I was hooked.

The powerful drama follows the harrowing tale of Tony and Emily Hughes, whose five-year-old son Olly is abducted while on holiday in a small town in France. The couple are totally bewildered, by the situation and also the incomprehension caused by the language barrier, and Tony (brilliantly played by James Nesbitt) can't give up the hope that his son may still be alive, however much time passes. The couple's marriage deteriorates before imploding and Tony starts to quietly self-destruct too, as he lives through every parent's worst nightmare. As a parent, part of you is behind him, knowing that he can never stop until no stone is left unturned, but another part is willing him to just accept what seems to be the inevitable truth.

It's a heart-breaking and harrowing drama that will leave you guessing right up to the end. In case you didn't see it on TV, I'm not giving any more away because it is just about to come out on DVD and Blu-Ray (on 26th December 2014).

 I will let you in on another sneaky secret though - I have a giveaway coming right up in my next post where you can win two copies of the DVD.

star rating : 4.5/5

  • Number of discs: 3
  • Classification: 15
  • Studio: RLJ Entertainment
  • DVD Release Date: 26 Dec 2014
  • Run Time: 480 minutes


Disclosure : I received a copy of the DVD in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Giveaway #446 : Win Angry Birds Complete Season 1 Volume 1 & 2 DVD Gift Set - closing date 26/12

3 comments:

  1. Sounds great - heard lots of people talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen it advertised and it looks gripping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched it and thought it was very good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...