Sunday 21 December 2014

Globecooking-recipe : Maple-syrup glazed pork (Canada)


Madhouse Daddy had bought a pork joint for Sunday lunch so I decided to try out one of the recipes from my Canadian-themed Kitchen Trotter foodie box. It was supposed to be served with butternut squash with marshmallows (which sounds crazy but I have seen other people mentioning it so I'll give it a try !) but as I'm clearing out the fridge for our imminent Christmas visiting, I cooked it on a bed of potatoes, carrots, leeks, onions and mushrooms and cooked up some Brussels sprouts and broccoli on the side.


The recipe suggested using two products from the box to create a glaze - maple syrup and mustard with trappers' mix.


I actually just smeared mustard over the meat then drizzled over some maple syrup.


On the left is a piece of pork glazed with just maple syrup for the kids, in case the mustard was too hot  - I needn't have worried as it was very mild.


It added just a hint of sweetness but above all gave them a lovely golden colour.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Spice up your life ! Santa Maria Chilli Paste review


Some Globe-cooking help from Seasoned Pioneers

2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely. I have pork in the freezer and will do this for New Years Day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...