Friday 19 December 2014

My foodie bargain finds of the day !


Today I popped over to the big discount store near our house to grab some last minute wrapping paper and couldn't believe my luck when I came across a huge delivery of American Betty Crocker cake mixes for €1 each - I couldn't resist so I bought one of each : Devil's Food, Red Velvet, Vanilla and Sunny Lemon Cupcakes and Carrot Cake mix, plus a couple of tubs of Chocolate Fudge frosting.



They even had some Hershey's chocolate so I bought a couple of bars of that too, to complete the American foodie theme.


Slightly more exotic was this Spanish Crema Pastelera - I have no idea what to do with it but I'm sure I can make a cake out of it !



I have been clearing out my kitchen cupboard lately, using up some of the jars that have been lurking at the back taking up space. I had started clearing out my baking cupboard too but I think I need to start again now !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Deep South-Inspired Tabasco Sauces review

8 comments:

  1. You got some excellent buys there especially the Sunny Lemon Cupcakes .

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was a good buy, there stuff is amazing, but usually a lot dearer that that, thin we about the £2.50 mark, so thats a third of the price, I would of snapped some up as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was tempted to buy more but I knew the cupboards couldn't cope !!

      Delete
  3. Oh, that's a nice stash! I tend to buy the cake mixes for when I want to bake something fast. They are nice as a base for waffles too. Crema looks good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Better than the wrapping paper I went in for and that they didn't have ! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fantastic purchase! I'm defiantly going to keep my eyes peeled for some of these great bargains. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...