When I was a kid, I remember my mum reading a book series called 101 Uses of a Dead Cat. I would sit, bemused, watching her dissolve into fits of giggles as she flicked through the pages looking at the drawings. When I was a bit older, I had a look myself and could see the funny side to the totally off-the-wall sense of humour and silliness.
Well, this got me thinking ... As you know, along with some other lovely bloggers, I've been chosen to be a Sterimar Mummy Ambassador because I was so enthusiastic about Sterimar in earlier blogposts, and part of our mission is to come up with some fun content for the brand new Facebook page. (Come over and join in here - we're all totally lovely and welcome all your comments ! There's currently a lovely competition that you can enter to win £500 by sharing a picture of your child's cute nose!)
Anyway, thinking back to the Dead Cat books made me wonder if I could come up with 101 uses of a can of Sterimar ! I always throw a can in my first aid kit because it's a great multi-purpose product (it's just pure sea water so can be sprayed anywhere with no risk, doesn't sting and can be used by anyone - newborn, child, pregnant or breastfeeding mum, etc.) Well, I'm sure I won't make it to 101 by myself but feel free to join in - come and add your ideas over on the facebook page and I'll add them to my list here too !
OK, here's how I already use Sterimar :
1) For flushing out my nose when hayfever kicks in.
2) For flushing out my eyes when they're irritated with pollen.
3) For doing a quick spritz over my face and hair to dampen down any rogue pollen.
4) For a refreshing blast of coolness on my face to beat the heat.
5) For washing sand out of baby's eyes, ears and nose when they've been to the beach for the first time and decided to smell, touch and eat sand !
6) For flushing dirt out of grazed knees at the park.
7) For staving off tantrums - if your kids are getting bored, spritz a bit in the air around them and they'll start giggling, thinking you're being really naughty !
8) Unclogging babies' noses, especially when a blocked nose is hindering breastfeeding.
9) For taking action before hayfever season begins, as it seems to help stave off symptoms before they kick in.
10) For flushing dust and pollution out of your nose after a trip to London or after spring cleaning - blow your nose on a white tissue afterwards, you'll be amazed !
11) For a routine bit of silliness before your toddler's bedtime - we sing Sterimar-ified songs like "Up goes the spray and washes the bogies out" (to the tune of Incy Wincy Spider) and "Raindrops keep squirting up my nose" (to Raindrops keep falling on my head) !
12) My dad was advised to use Sterimar after a recurrent problem with nasal polyps and it seems to help.
Well, not quite 101 but 12 is not bad for a start! Now it's over to you ... !
for more information : https://www.facebook.com/SterimarBabyUK
Disclosure : While this isn't a sponsored post, I do receive a financial contribution from Sterimar for getting involved in Mummy Ambassador activities on their facebook page and other social media platforms. I was using Sterimar long before they asked me to be an Ambassador though !
Other blogposts you may be interested in :