Saturday 12 May 2012

ASDA Lily Basket review


Back before Mother's Day, I wrote a blogpost highlighting some of the lovely - not to mention cheap! - gifts that your kids could pick up for you at ASDA using their own pocket money. One of those gift ideas was a Flower Basket, allowing you to grow your own lilies, for an amazingly cheap £5. To say thank you for flagging up their offers, ASDA kindly sent us through one of the flower baskets that we'd mentioned.


As the packaging explains, the pack contains 3 Lilies LA Hybrid Pink. They need to be planted between March and May and they should flower within 8-10 weeks.

The kit contains everything you need, including the bulbs and the compost. The lovely pink gingham basket looks lovely and cheerful. It's perfect for welcoming the spring and looks fabulous on our kitchen table !


Madhouse Daddy Mike and the Mini-testers got to work planting the bulbs and within a couple of days, we could already see shoots.


Still no flowers yet but the kids are loving watching the stalks growing taller. I can't wait to see the flowers when they bloom.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5

available at ASDA

Disclosure : We received a Flower Basket from ASDA in order to write the review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

10 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I got one of these too from my children for Mother's Day. The kids helped me to plant the lillies and have been measuring them every two days! My youngest son's current terms topic at school is 'GROWTH' so he is doing a mini project on the lilies as part of his homework! We all cannot wait for the flowers to come out! I think yours are a little bigger than ours too as we were delayed in planting ours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Race you !!! The kids are really enjoying watching them grow too - it's turned into a little science project !

      Delete
  2. I really like the pink gingham basket and I'll be interested to see how it looks once the flowers have bloomed.
    It looks like it was easy to plant as well which is a big bonus. Hope the Lilies last a long time once in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the type of thing I wish they would sell year round, they make great gifts for kids, not just mums.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought one of these to send to my mum who lives at the opposite end of the country, she s green fingered anyway but found this very easy to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like a great product!! Even myself I enjoy watching plants grow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The basket looks lovely even if no flowers come out, lol!! My kids love growing things, our current thing is cress, so they would love to get on eof these and wait for the lilies to grow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love lillies and I've planted bulbs all around my garden. Can't wait for them to flower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pot! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...