Wednesday 30 May 2012

Bloody Jubilee !


Don't worry, we haven't suddenly gone into Jubilee Overkill just before the big day ! Far from it, as you'll know if you've been following our blog recently. We've been throwing ourselves into all things Union Jack-related with a passion, including creating this rather fabulous red, white and blue Jubilee Sponge cake here with a Union Jack made out of blueberries and strawberries that even I was impressed with. I had another go today, making a different type of Union Jack cake and Sophie is going to be making Union Jack cushions too. (Blogposts to follow.)


The title of this blogpost refers to a rather unfortunate accident that Sophie had overnight involving a nosebleed and her beloved Union Jack pillow. She is subject to lots of nosebleeds, as I was as a child and as was my dad. I grew out of it around the same time I hit puberty so I'm hoping she will too. The school always freak out and phone me - in fact, a couple of weeks ago, I was quite annoyed because they sent her home three afternoons in a row because she had a nose bleed. Admittedly, she does have quite severe nosebleeds and they can last for quite a while so it can be scary if you're not used to them, but Sophie's not at all fazed by them and just carries on regardless. I have been to the doctor about them, at the school's request, and he said that funnily enough, in his family it's his son, his wife and his mother-in-law so it must be in the genes somewhere !

Having had lots of bloodstains to deal with, I know that they can often be really difficult to remove, often leaving a yellow stain after going through the wash. Luckily for Sophie, Vanish have a whole section on their website about the removal of blood stains and they will be sending me through some products to put through their paces, so watch this space for reviews. Fingers crossed !

Other reviews you may be interested in :

101 Uses of a Can of Sterimar !
Bart's Diamond Jubilee Sponge
Our Pudsey Cake for Children In Need !

2 comments:

  1. I've just finished baking about 50 cookies ready to decorate with all things Jubilee for school tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...