Monday 7 May 2012

Montagne Jeunesse Dry Skin Mask review


A little while ago, I saw a tweet go by from Montagne Jeunesse  asking for bloggers to review their Skin Heroes range of face masks. I was really pleased when this little lot arrived through the post. You'll be seeing more reviews coming up over the next few weeks as we give them all a thorough testing but the first one that we tried out was the Dry Skin Mask.


This is a two stage mask, containing two separate products to be used one after the other, in order to really boost and hydrate your skin. Both products are packed with extracts of superfruits, high in antioxidants to protect and replenish dry skin.


First up is what they call a creamy soufflé which you need to slather all over your face as a mask, leave it to soak into your skin to do its magic, then rinse off the surplus. It is made with raspberries, blueberries and red grapes and smells deliciously sweet and fruity.


10-year-old Sophie has had dry skin on her face lately so she volunteered (or should that be begged me to let her have a go ?!) as chief tester. She smeared it all over her face then settled back to relax while I went to sort out the laundry. As I wandered back in the bedroom, seeing her propped up on the bed in her towelling robe and fluffy slippers, I did a bit of a double-take because I can imagine her in a few years going to a spa or having indulgent pampering sessions at home ! She said that she could see it being soaked up by her skin and thought the smell was "delicious" - so good that she was tempted to lick it, which I convinced her would be a very bad idea, however nice it smells ! The mask doesn't dry out, it stays creamy, which is perfect for dry skin.


Once you've relaxed for 15-20 minutes and then washed off the mask, it's time to move on to the serum in the top part of the sachet. It's made of crushed Blueberries & pulped Raspberries, which the manufacturers describe as "an anti-oxidant frenzy". They also say that it contains "Natural KiOsmetine" (whatever that is !) which is clinically proven to make skin smoother.

Both products do work really well and Sophie absolutely loved the fruity fragrance. However, I would say that there is a bit too much of the soufflé and not quite enough of the serum, so it would be good to readjust the proportions slightly.

Even Sophie's slightly sensitive skin didn't have any adverse reaction to the mask or serum and her skin looked really well moisturised afterwards. For the price - a bargaintastic £1.49 - I was really impressed with how well it worked actually, especially given that they promise to create the most natural, eco-friendly and fun beauty treats possible.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the other products in the range, so watch this space for more reviews coming soon.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.49 




Disclosure : I was sent the selection of face masks that you can see in the top picture in order to write the reviews.

Other reviews you may be interested in :



5 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to win a whole goody bag of montagne jeunesse last year. Love their products although wish they a bit cheaper or they did in multipacks or bigger packs to bring costs down.

    Highly recommend choc-ornage self heating mask smells just like Terrys choc orange is on your face

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I love Montagne Jeunesse products and ordered some last week from their website. I like the fudge self heating mask. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the self-heating ones when it's cold, great for warming up !

      Delete
  3. I love Montagne Jeunesse products, and I definitely need them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sophie looks so cute with her face pack on! Never too late to start good habits I guess! I like the non drying masks and especially to spend a few mins massaging face and neck beforehand seems to help the product work more effectively for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...