Saturday 12 November 2011

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Hand Serum and Surface Spray review



Like many parents, I would imagine, as soon as I hear the name Tommee Tippee, I think of baby products like feeding equipment and sippy cups. I was therefore slightly surprised but keen to investigate when I was given the opportunity of trying out some Tommee Tippee hygiene products. We received a Closer To Nature Hand Serum and Surface Spray to test.

Now, in reading the information that came with the products, I had one of those "eeek, that goes against everything I ever believed" moments ! The manufacturer explains that most people (including me !) don’t realise that traditional cleaning products such as bleach and alcohol based hand gels stop working as soon as they dry, allowing bacteria and viruses to grow back and multiply within minutes. The good news though is that the Tommee Tippee products contain what is described as "a ground-breaking hygiene ingredient unlike any other ingredient on the market" called Byotrol, which leaves an invisible barrier not only killing 99.9% of germs but continuing to work for up to 24 hours.

The Hand Serum promises up to 6 hours of germ protection but is also kind to your skin. It is alcohol-free and didn't dry my hands out at all. They actually felt quite moisturised after using it but I was pleased to see that the serum dried rapidly, leaving no greasy or sticky residue, just a lovely fragrance. I love using this after doing yucky jobs like changing nappies, cleaning the toilet or scrubbing the floor which always leave me feeling germ-ridden despite washing my hands several times. With flu and cold season well on the way, it's also a great way of zapping the bugs you pick up on a day to day basis. Prevention is always better than cure, especially with babies or children in the house.

The second product we tried was the surface spray. It is safe to use on kitchen and bathroom surfaces and it promises to kill and control germs for up to 24 hours. It is proven to kill MRSA, E Coli, Listeria, Salmonella, Campylobacter, Staphyloccocus and Candida albicans so I love using this on food preparation areas as a final wipe to get rid of invisible nasties. The manufacturers also suggest using it on high chairs, baby baths, changing mats and small plastic toys but my favourite place for using it is Pierre's potty ! He hasn't actually done much in it so far but he's constantly sitting his bare bum on it them touching it and putting his hands in his mouth so I'm sure that will be a great place for picking up tummy bugs. A quick squirt and wipe takes seconds and gives me peace of mind that I'm protecting the whole family.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : Hand Serum £1.99 for 50ml or £2.49 for 150ml bottle, Surface Spray £2.49 for 500ml


Other reviews you may be interested in :

3 comments:

  1. Again, never heard of this product! Me too when I hear Tommee Tippee, I think baby stuff, not cleaning products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I think of bottle etc when I hear Tommee Tippee, and I never knew that about bleach, kind of makes me wonder why I use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the hand serum and also the wipes are ideal for cleaning dummies when out and about x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...