Sunday 13 July 2014

Globe-cooking recipe : Apple strudel (Germany)


I can't believe it the final match today. I haven't been watching the football but I have really enjoyed taking part in the Foodie World Cup Challenge so I'll be sad to see that coming to an end.

So, germany and Argentina are the only countries left in the game - I'll take Germany. After making my version of Spanakopita - a Greek spinach and feta filo pastry pie - I had a few sheets of filo pastry left over so I decided to make them into a quick and simple apple strudel for dessert.

Apple Strudel


ingredients :

4 sheets of filo pastry
melted butter or cooking spray
2 apples
1/2 cup raisins
1 tsp cinnamon
a sprinkle of caster sugar
a squirt of lemon juice


Grease a baking tray. Lay a sheet of filo pastry on it, coat with melted butter or cooking spray and repeat.


Peel and chop the apples into a bowl. Put in the microwave for 5 minutes until they are soft but still quite firm.Add the cinnamon and lemon juice, stir and taste. Add sugar if necessary. Add the raisins and stir.


Pour the apple mixture on to the filo.


Plcae the other two sheets on top, spraying/coating with melted butter as before. Fold over the two sides then the ends and flip it over on the tray.


Bake in the oven at 180° for 10 minutes until the pastry is golden and crispy. Delicious hot or cold, with a scoop of ice cream or squirty cream, if you're feeling particularly decadent !


I'm joining in with the World Cup recipe challenge over on the Cooking Around The World blog

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Globe-cooking recipe : Beef Churrasco & Farofa (Brazil)

Globe-cooking recipe : Bourek (Algeria)

4 comments:

  1. With a little bit of ice cream that is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really easy to make and I love apple strudel. I haven't had it in years though so I have bookmarked this to make :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! really enjoyed all the world cup recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good. I may try making it for Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...