Saturday 19 July 2014

Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser review


Have you noticed how the men in our lives always go for all-in-1 products ? Conditioner only gets used if it's lumped in with the shampoo, and if it doubles up as a shower gel/all-over body wash, so much the better. Women, on the other hand, don't tend to go for the "less is more" approach and like to multiply the products on the bathroom shelf : shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, anti-frizz serum, body moisturiser, face moisturiser (day and night creams), eye cream, face serum, toner, cleanser ... you get the idea !

Well, when I first looked at the bottles of Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser that I had received to review, I thought it was going to be a multi-tasing product, doubling up as a shower gel and a moisturiser. However, on closer inspection, it says that you should use it AFTER cleansing, so you first wash with shower gel or soap, then smooth the Nivea In-Shower Body Moisturiser over your skin as an extra. 

I have to admit, I wasn't totally convinced by the idea. I tend to use moisturing shower cremes so this seemed like a superfluous step in my shower routine, but then I thought about it and I do often use a body moisturiser after I've got out of the shower too. One of my pet hates is the greasy, sticky feeling of my clothes sticking to my skin or feeling damp after I've applied moisturiser, so the in-shower version is actually a great idea because you rinse it off after use, leaving your skin totally dry and non-greasy after your shower.

The packaging promises that your skin will feel soft and moisturised for 24 hours (it is enriched with cocoa butter) and I have to say, I found it as effective as my usual post shower body moisturiser. I received the two new scents to be added to the range - Pampering Honey and Nourishing Cocoa - which both have a very discreet and almost unnoticeable scent (but I love big brash fragrances like Lush products so I may have swamped out the scent of the Nivea products with my shampoo and shower gel !). Just for the non-sticky, non-greasy skin after the shower aspect, I'd certainly consider buying these again in place of my usual body moisturiser.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £3.56 for 250ml

Disclosure : I received the products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Nivea Firming range review

1 comment:

  1. My mum swears by Dove, she was bought it as a pick me up after my father passed away in 1978, she was 83 last Monday, but looks amazing, has hardly any wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...