Wednesday 23 July 2014

Quick desserts using Soreen Malt Loaf


French ice cream brand Carte D'or have an advert that says "Got Carte Do'or? Then you've got dessert". When Soreen sent through some of their squidgy malt loaves and asked me to come up with a recipe using them, this became my guiding principle. I took three classic desserts and gave them a Soreen twist. They take literally seconds to put together and taste lovely. The rich earthiness of the malt loaf offsets the sweetness of the other ingredients perfectly.


Strawberry Cheesecake Soreen-style


Spread a thick slice of Soreen Malt Loaf with strawberry yogurt and top with chocolate sprinkles.


Lemon Meringue Pie Soreen-style


Spread a thick slice of Soreen Malt Loaf with lemon curd and top with squirty cream.


Toffee Apple Soreen-style


Top a slice of Soreen Malt Loaf with apple sauce and drizzle with golden syrup.


Soreen also have another recipe suggestion for a Chocolate Soreen Flapjack, which you can see in the video below :



Disclosure : I received some Soreen products in order to take part in the recipe challenge.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

#Amoyzing BBQ challenge : Sticky Chinese Steak with Rainbow Noodle Salad

3 comments:

  1. Oh, nice selection! Toffee apple is my favourite! will link up with your recipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely, loving the toffee apple as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a sweet tooth so these really appeal. I might try the toffee apples for my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...