Thursday 24 July 2014

Madhouse recipe : Malt Loaf Truffles


As I mentioned yesterday, Soreen sent me through some of their products and asked me to come up with a recipe using them. I blogged about some new ways of eating malt loaf dressed up as traditional desserts that are quick and simple but very tasty. I had another idea up my sleeve though and today, we made malt loaf truffles using up the end of the loaf. Once again, they only take seconds but look and taste great.



Prepare a plate with the coating of your choice - I mixed dessicated coconut and strawberry sugar.


Chop off small, truffle-sized pieces of malt loaf.


Roll them between your hands into a ball. It can help make them stickier (so that the coating stays on better) if you turn the malt loaf inside out as you shape it.


Roll each piece in the coating.


That's it - they're ready to eat !

Romanian Mum


Linking up with this month's Credit Crunch Munch challenge which is being hosted by Sarah of Maison Cupcake on behalf of Helen over at Fuss Free Flavours and Camilla over at Fab Food 4 All.


Disclosure : I received some Soreen products in order to take part in the recipe challenge.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

#readcookeat challenge : Reuben sandwich (inspired by Geek Girl)

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of malt load before but these sound really tasty! Thank you for joining in with #FridayFoodie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea - I can see how the squidgyness would lend itself to truffles perfectly!

    Thanks for adding to Credit Crunch Munch this month. The round up is now published at 24 Thrifty Summer Recipe Ideas and next month's event is being hosted by Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...