Friday 4 July 2014

Globe-cooking recipe : Quick Breaded Pork Chops (Germany)


The World Cup is drawing to a close so, thanks to the rest days, we've had a couple of days off from the World Cup foodie challenge, but today it was game on. I needed something quick for dinner and I'd defrosted some pork chops. A quick google search and I decided to go for an ultra-quick version of German schnitzel. Normally, you should take boneless cutlets, make them thin with a rolling pin or meat tenderiser then dip them in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.


My pork chops had bones in so I first cut them off - the dogs were happy ! Then I made some seasoned flour by mixing plain flour with garlic salt, garlic pepper, lemon pepper, smoked paprika, thyme and oregano. I dipped the chops in the flour mixture on each side then fried them in some olive oil.


This was really quick but I was surprised at how much difference this made in taste and texture. Pork chops are sometimes a bit tough but by removing the bone, they cooked quicker so they stayed lovely and soft and juicy. The flour gave them a lovely, slightly crispy coating that had the kids scoffing the whole lot, whereas they're not always keen on pork chops.

This was served with some deliciously smooth mashed potato, made with boiled spuds in their skins, butter and clotted cream - yum ! This had the taste of baked potatoes, making it even scrummier, presumably because I left the skins on?


I'm joining in with the World Cup recipe challenge over on the Cooking Around The World blog

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

5 comments:

  1. This looks really nice and so simple to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good old schnitzel, especially with mashed potatoes. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! My wife always buys thick pork chops, as the thinner ones tend to go chewy when cooked...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...