Saturday 6 September 2014

Korres Santorini Vine Range review


Santorini is an island in the southern Aegean Sea, 120 miles off the coast of Greece, and its towns are full of the traditional Greek whitewashed houses with blue shutters and doors. I don't know if that's what inspired the colour scheme for the packaging of Korres Santorini Vine range of beauty products, or if they are an echo of the deep blue skies and crystal-clear water, but that's what they made me think of.

Big Green Smile (who sell everything fairtrade, eco-friendly and natural, from beauty products to cleaning supplies) sent me through the Korres Santorini Body Milk and Shower Gel to try out.


The shower gel has a lovely rich, thick texture and feels very indulgent and soothing on the skin. It has a pleasant but discreet fragrance - I'm not sure I could define it but it's unisex. After checking online, it's described as follows : "a distinct, naturally sweet aroma, influenced by the volcanic soil and the sea air. Notes of green apple, floral citrus, peach and green fresh blossoming vineyards give a distinct Greek summer feel to this new shower gel." I would have actually preferred a more full-on fragrance, but as I've told you before, I love the big brash in-your-face scents that Lush use (and if you've ever walked past one of their shops, you know how strong that is !). 


The body milk also has a lovely creamy texture and it has the same perfume so it's ideal if you want to avoid clashing scents. It's very nourishing and uses a blend of wheat proteins, shea butter and aloe vera to leave your skin feeling thoroughly pampered - perfect for replenishing my skin after a fortnight in the sun in Turkey.

As would be expected from a brand like Korres, the range is free from hidden nasties (no alcohol, Petrolatum/Paraffin Wax, Silicones, Parabens, Propylene Glycol, Synthetic dye, Phthalates ...). I love the fact that Korres has gone back to its Greek roots, taking Santorini and its ancient indigenous grape vines as inspiration for the new collection. As I used it on holiday in Kusadasi, Turkey, that's what the scent will always evoke for me - gorgeous sunsets, ocean breezes and the salty wind in my hair. Not too different from Santorini really !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : shower gel £8 for 250ml, body milk £10 for 200ml

for more information :  http://www.biggreensmile.com/

Disclosure : I received the products in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Impulse Vanilla Kisses review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...