Sunday 28 September 2014

Sunday weigh-in : I need new targets !


This week, I reached all my short-term targets so I had to make new ones - that's a great feeling !

Last week, you may remember the scales said 86.3kg on Saturday but 86.9kg on Sunday for the official weigh-in. I still logged 86.3kg as my weight so I wasn't really expecting a loss this week, just (hopefully) a stay-the-same (which would really be a loss - are you following ?!).

I've had another great week in terms of food and exercise, getting in loads of geocaching and eating well below my calorie allowance every day (the Quark cooking sauces for dinner and Naansters for lunch made it dead easy).

I also received a product from Forte Pharma to try out for a test - TurboDraine. This promises to help get rid of excess water and bloating by, basically, make you wee a lot ! I was very dubious, firstly about it being the slightest bit effective and secondly about what tackling water retention would actually mean anyway. When I was pregnant with Sophie (my first pregnancy), I had the start of pre-eclampsia at the end. After putting on 1kg a month regular as clockwork, I put on 6kg in 5 weeks and swelled up like a balloon. "Don't worry, it's just water retention, it'll all come off as soon as you've had the baby", the midwife reassured me - except it didn't - hmmm. But I also remember hearing that a Formula 1 racing driver can lose up to a stone in weight during a race due to how hot it gets and how much he sweats - but that he puts it all back on as soon as he's rehydrated himself.

So I feel like a bit of a fraud - if the product DOES work, it's cheating really - and secondly, once I've stopped the test, it may well all come back on. (It works as a detox too, improving kidney function for flushing out toxins, which can't be a bad thing.) I've only been using it since Thursday night though so I don't think it can have had that much of an effect yet?

Either way, the scales today said ... 85.4kg, a 900g loss ! :) *Does a little happy dance*


Positives of the week

- This Wednesday, I had to stay in all day for a delivery and I was cheesed off that I couldn't get out for a walk or - good grief - even a jog to start the day! That means I actually WANTED to, which has to be a good thing !


- It's been another week with lots of geocaching, which is great fun and it gets my stepcount up without me noticing ! : Sunday 11km (17057 steps - overall step target hit), Monday 15km (21782 steps - overall and aerobic step targets met), Tuesday 8km (12372 steps - didn't meet targets), Wednesday 7km (10594 steps - aerobic target met), Thursday 7km (10833 steps - didn't meet targets), Friday 15km (23070 steps - all targets met), Saturday 8km (11638 steps - targets not met) - grand total 71km or 44 miles. Not as good as last week but not too shabby either !

- My jeans - too tight after the holidays - now feel quite loose again.

- I've reached my goal of getting back to my pre-holiday weight by the end of September - last year it took me the best part of six months !

- I've eaten chocolate, cake and Ben & Jerry's this week - it's all about moderation and counting it into your daily allowance :)

- My tickers are on the move again -  from 45lb to go/16lb lost to 43lb to go/18lb lost and from 7kg to 8kg lost


- My FitBug "coach" changed smileys today when I updated my weight - it went from this to this. Slightly better !

Current targets 

Last week's target : Hit my FitBug target on at least 4 days. Throw in a WiiFit run. Start listening to the SlimPod again. Get down into the 85 point somethings. (still not started on the Slimpod or the wiifit again, 3 and a half for the FitBug targets but DONE for the weight which is the most important one in my eyes !)

This week's targets : Get into the 84 point somethings - hit all stepcount targets on 4 days

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months -
first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) by next week (done),
 second goal - get back to 85.6kg, my pre-holiday weight, by the end of September(done)
third goal : get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures by Halloween
fourth goal : get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
fifth goal : get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
sixth goal : get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 86.3kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 85.4kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  8.3kg
STILL TO GO : 17.4kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.9kg



Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)







Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

We Will Do It! Support Linky on The Purple Pumpkin Blog

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic weigh in, well done Cheryl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I'm on a roll at the moment, hope it continues ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing fantastically well Cheryl another great weigh in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not quite sure what's changed, I don't feel like I'm doing any more than before the holidays but I'm certainly not complaining ! :)

      Delete
  4. Well done Cheryl, you're doing great :) I need some of your motivation because mine's lacking at the moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great weigh in, well done! That turbo drain thingy sounds interesting!! Thanks for linking up with #wellbeingwednesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...