Sunday 14 September 2014

Sunday weigh-in : Still going in the right direction ...


... just not as quickly as I'd hoped. Last week, I lost an amazing 1.4kg. This week, I did nothing differently - I've been well under my calorie target every day (my Fitbug Orb has readjusted it from 1700 to 1900, presumably because of how far I walk), I've walked loads again, but for some reason, the scales refused to budge much. Oh well, every baby step in the right direction is still a step closer to my target. This week, the scales say 87.1kg, a loss of 500g.

Positives of the week

- The FitBug Orb is still my best friend and I've finally got my sleep tracking to work - I'm amazed at how many times I wake up during the night - not good ! My personal trainer has kicked in this week and set the bar pretty high - I have to do 15,200 steps of which 2,000 aerobic steps per day. When it was set at the base level of 10,000 per day, I hit it every day with no effort at all but I've only hit my target twice this week (despite walking 8-10km on the days I failed !). It's good to have that extra push though so I'm not complaining !

- It's been another week with lots of walking : Sunday 8km, Monday 13km, Tuesday 10km, Wednesday 14km, Thursday 8km, Friday 9km, Saturday 8km - grand total 70km or 43.5 miles!

- I've taken to checking the canteen menu in advance - on the days it's unhealthy, I throw a Slim Fast shake in my bag instead.

- I've just realised I've totally stopped snacking - no chocolate, no sweets, no biscuits at all since we got back off holiday, just the odd grape as I walk past the fruit bowl ! How did that happen ?!

- My tickers are on the move - from 6 to 7kg lost and from 48lb to go/13lb lost to 47lb to go/15lb lost (where did the extra pound go on one side ?!)

Current targets 

Last week's target : Walk at least 50km again plus add in a wii fit run or mini disco dancing session. Lose 1kg.(DONE for the stuff I can control, half done for the weight)

This week's targets : Hit my FitBug target on at least 4 days. Throw in a WiiFit run. Start listening to the SlimPod again. Get down into the 85 point somethings.

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months - first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) by next week (done), second goal - get back to 85.6kg, my pre-holiday weight, by the end of September.

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 87.6kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 87.1kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  6.6kg
STILL TO GO : 19.1kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.5kg



Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)







Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


13 comments:

  1. That is an amazing amount of steps to aim for, If you hit that just every other day it will be very impressive - I'm sure you'll see a difference very quickly! I just love how energetic doing more steps has made me. Your goals sound very reasonable and doable - my calorie target is usually over 1700 depending on my steps, I try not to eat under 1750 in general, slow but it works.

    Good Luck!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did a bit of a double take when I saw the goals set for me ! Mind you, I was shocked at how much I alrk in an average week too ! Just back from a big walk with the kids so I've hit today's target :) Thanks for linking up xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, that sounds like a lot of steps! You're doing really well though and slow and steady wins the race, remember!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 17534 steps today which is good for a Sunday ! Slow but steady is definitely best for keeping weight off long term but it does make it harder to stay motivated short term ! :-/

      Delete
  3. Wow those steps! You guys make me look a right couch potato I definitely need to get moving - might help if I charge my fitbit!
    Nice to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you back too :) I don't drive so I walk/bus everywhere - and I'm constantly running up and down the stairs at work which apparently mounts up to quite a lot !

      Delete
  4. A loss is a loss, well done! #WWDISL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are very focused, something I need to take away from this post with me. I'm such a couch potato that I need to get a step counter and really make an effort to walk more during the day. As a desk jockey, I barely move which I know would make a difference to weight loss for me. Haven't heard of Fitbug before...will have to find out! Thanks for sharing at #WWDISL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received one to trial for the Mumsnet bloggers' panel which was great - there are a couple of review posts if you look through my recent weightloss posts. It's definitely great for motivation

      Delete
  6. I love the sound of that fitbug. It would be great to see how many times I woke in the night! I don't think I'd ever hit that target though, I struggle to hit 10000!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to go for just a quick 15 minute walk every day - either with the dogs or just getting off the bus a couple of stops early on my way to work ! It all mounts up :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! The amount of steps you're doing and zero snacking, well done!
    You sound very motivated, keep going :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...