Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday weigh-in : Back in the game !


I once watched a TV programme where a woman was trying to give up smoking and her counsellor made her chainsmoke for hours on end until she felt sick of cigarettes. I always think that's a bit like what August is like for dieting - after a whole month of pigging out on holiday, I always come back craving soups and salads. I also now have my FitBug Orb for motivation so this week has been great - every day I've been well under my 1700 calorie target and I've been astounded at how far I walk on a daily basis (Sunday 5km, Monday 12km, Tuesday 12km, Wednesday 9km, Thursday 12km, Friday 9km, Saturday 3km - that's a total of 62km !)

I was actually looking forward to jumping on the scales this morning (especially as I've gone back to my bad habit of weighing in daily to check progress so I knew it would be good news !) : 87.6kg, a 1.4kg loss in a week. Go me !

Positives of the week

- The FitBug Orb is great for keeping me on track, seeing how far I've walked and checking calories. On the days I ate at the canteen and discovered how heavy the calories were, I opted for a salad or sandwich in the evening to even things out.

- I loved seeing that I'd walked over 60km this week without changing anything in my routine.

- I've learnt that dancing with the kids to gangnam style and oh lé lé on the mini disco cd is a great way of breaking up a sweat while having a laugh

- I lost 1.4kg but psychologically, going from 89 to 87 point something and weight lost from 4.7 to 6.1 makes it sound more ! I also love pounds because they go quicker than kilos - my badges went from 51lb to go/10lb lost to 48lb to go/13lb lost. My ticker went from 5 to 6kg lost. Great to see them all movingin the right direction ! :)

Current targets 

Last week's target : Use the Fitbug every day to track everything - calories, activity, sleep ... I'm actually really keen to kick off on upping the exercise and reducing calories but I'm supposed to do a normal week first to help set targets. I guess one week won't make much difference !  (DONE althought I can't get the sleep tracking to work)

This week's targets : Walk at least 50km again plus add in a wii fit run or mini disco dancing session. Lose 1kg.

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months - first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) by next week (done), second goal - get back to 85.6kg, my pre-holiday weight, by the end of September.

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 89.0kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 87.6kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  6.1kg
STILL TO GO : 19.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -1.4kg



Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)







Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...