Tuesday 23 September 2014

Naansters review


As we live just opposite her school, Sophie comes home for lunch, even if she's the only one who can make it home. We tried it when she moved up to secondary school as a test and it worked very well but, as she was only 11 to begin with, I didn't want her using the gas or the oven by herself. I try to make sure she's got plenty of leftovers that she can reheat in the microwave but when the opportunity came up to try out new Naansters, I thought they'd be ideal.


Nicknamed "curry in a hurry", Naansters describe themselves as "healthy, light, fluffy Naanbread, filled with Mango Chutney, Pilau Rice and a mouthwatering curry". The great thing about them is that they are ultra-convenient - you just pierce the packaging and pop them in the microwave for 90 seconds. You can even eat them straight out of the inner cardboard sleeve so there's no washing up !


I've been taking them to work to eat on my lunchbreak cold too, which works just as well - as they're so flat, they're simple to fit in my bag down the side of my books !


I've tried out four different varieties - Chicken Tikka, Vegetable Tikka, Balti Chicken and Beef Madras - all of which were very tasty. The first three were barely spicy so even Sophie's lightweight taste buds could cope with them ! The Beef Madras one did have more of a kick but it was still not overly spicy.

I would make a couple of improvements. They need a bit more filling because the first few bites are just naan bread, until you get closer to the middle, and they also need to increase the ratio of chicken to rice - as you can see in the picture, the chunks of chicken are few and far between. I also couldn't taste the mango chutney at all so they seemed slightly dry, especially when I was eating them cold, straight from the pack. They're still a tasty snack or quick lunch on the go though.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the calorie count - 381 calories which sounds quite reasonable to me, for a light lunch that will keep you going right through until dinner. If eating them at home, they are also lovely served with salad or baked beans.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £2

available at selected Tesco and Morrisons across the Midlands, and Nisa, McColls and Costcutter stores nationwide

for more information : http://www.naanster.co.uk/

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Baked Salmon with Laughing Cow Sauce

Introducing the newest Coke - Coca Cola Life !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...