Saturday 11 December 2010

Activia Pouring Yoghurt


As a Bzz Agent (and if you're wondering what one of those is, you can find out more about them here), I am sometimes invited to try a new product and share my honest feedback with people. This time, that product is Activia Pouring Yoghurt (or Yogurt as they spell it!). It was actually via Bzz Agent that I first discovered Activia yoghurts and then their Intensely Creamy range, so I was keen to try out their newest creation.

As its name suggests, it's a yoghurt that you are designed to pour. Activia explain, "New Activia Pouring Yogurt is the perfect accompaniment to breakfast cereal, an easy and nutritious way to create a deliciously satisfying breakfast." I quite frequently add a handful of cereal - either muesli or, at the moment, the crumbly bits that have been falling off our flapjacks ! - so I was already convinced by the yoghurt/cereal combination.

It comes in three flavours – natural, strawberry, and vanilla - and the girls love all of them, even using the natural one on their chocolatey cereal ! I prefer the strawberry and vanilla ones and Mike likes them too, although he drank his out of a glass. When I laughed, he said it's only like drinking Yop, which is a fair point I suppose (although I find it less thick than Yop).

On the health front, the good news is that it's less than 2% fat and contains the same Activia Bifidus culture that helps your digestive system as their usual yoghurt in pots. I think the vanilla one would be a delicious but lighter option with Christmas pudding, in place of cream or custard, so I will certainly be trying that in a couple of weeks. It might even help with digesting all the rich food, which would be a great bonus !

I love the fact that you can just pour out as little or as much as you need each time, which makes it easy to use as an ingredient in cooking. I used the natural-flavoured one in place of cream to tone down a red Thai curry that was a bit too hot and it worked perfectly, adding a lovely smooth, creamy texture to the sauce. I also added it to chopped cucumber and fresh mint to make a raita-style sauce, which was delicious. The strawberry one is also great for thickening up homemade smoothies, which have also gone down really well with the whole family.

It's being marketed as a product to pour over your cereal, which does work but it shouldn't be limited to that as it's really versatile, not to mention great-tasting and low-fat.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.99

Other reviews you may be interested in :

4 comments:

  1. I love this yoghurt, I have it on my ceral everyday, I love being able to pour it rather than spoon it

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to get pouring yoghurt all the time when I lived in Germany. Looked for it forever when we got back but never found it. Glad I found this blog post now... shall be down the shops first thing for some nostalgia =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious, I must try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone - LOVE your blog about Activia Pouring Yogurt and I'm so pleased you are a fan! If you like this sort of thing you might enjoy our TLC site - lots of chat, recipes and more. Please feel free to have a look around! http://www.danoneactivia.co.uk/index.php

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...