Wednesday 3 July 2013

The Ludlow Nut Co Brazil Nut Mix review


Sitting in front of the TV, I had a sudden desire to nibble on some chocolate. Deciding to be good, I opted instead for something out of my Nutribox and chose the little bag of Ludlow Nut Co Brazil Nut Mix. I decided to tip out the contents of the bag to see what exactly was in there.


Now, excuse me if this sounds naive, but - given the name - I was expecting a reasonable proportion of brazil nuts. You'll actually have to look at the photo really closely to spot the brazil nut (yes, that is in the singular, it's not a typo !) in the mix. Did you find it? It's that little nugget on the left ! So the contents of the 40g pack are about 90% sultanas, four and a half banana chips and 1/3 of a brazil nut. Hmmm. Is there a legal definition of how many brazil nuts need to be in the pack for it to be labelled as Brazil Nut Mix, I wonder ?!

That said, the sultanas, banana chips and brazil nuts (sorry, nut) are all lovely and fresh. The sultanas are juicy and sweet, the banana chips are packed with flavour and have just the right level of crunch and softness and the nut is crunchy. It's basically a bag of raisins though so I was a bit disappointed.

star rating : 2.5/5

RRP : not sure, can't find it on the site so maybe discontinued?

for more information : http://ludlownutco.co.uk

Other reviews you may be interested in :


1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, that's a bit disappointing, I did have fun though playing find the Brazil Nut!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...