Tuesday 14 January 2014

Dead Easy Desserts : Liz's Malvern Pudding


Santa was kind to me this year and brought me a new cookery book, Food Glorious Food, which ties in with the ITV1 series. Lots of recipes leapt out at me as I flicked through, some simple twists on things I already make and some totally new and exotic sounding dishes.


For the Dead Easy Desserts challenge, I thought that this one sounded ideal : Liz's Malvern Pudding. It is basically a cross between baked custard and apple pie.


Peel and chop up the apples then gently stew them until they go soft and start to caramelise.


Mix up the demerera sugar and cinnamon.


Put the apple in an oven proof dish.


Knock up some instant custard, pour it over the top and sprinkle with the sugar mixture. Dot with butter.


Bake in the oven until the sugar melts and the custard goes a bit firm.

Couldn't get much more dead easy than that ! It was really nice too.





If you fancy joining in with the Dead Easy Desserts linkie, head over here.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Love Food Hate Waste? Get clever with your leftovers !

Kitchen Nomad globe-cooking recipe : Korea - Sweet Potato Noodles

Madhouse recipe : Pork & Veg Spring Rolls

2 comments:

  1. Looks very tasty and easy to make

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great - I can't believe I'd not heard of it before as I'm from the Midlands! Thanks for submitting to Dead Easy Desserts :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...