Wednesday 22 January 2014

Vanish Gold 30 Second Stain Challenge


Having three kids and two dogs, testing out new cleaning products is never a problem here at The Madhouse so I was keen to see what we'd think when we were invited to put new Vanish Gold Oxi Action to the test in a 30 Second Challenge. They explain that the new product is so powerful that it will remove problem stains like red wine, beetroot or blackcurrant juice before your eyes in just 30 seconds. They didn't want me to just take their word for it though - they sent through a kit with everything we needed to make the stain (I probably could have done that bit myself !) and then treat it. Well, here's a little video to show how we got on.


I have to say, I was very impressed. It really did get rid of the stain completely so I'll be looking forward to trying this out on other stubborn stains like grass, mud and blood. (The girls have both inherited my tendency to have nosebleeds so there are often blood stains to deal with !) 

Vanish Gold can be used in a solution to treat stains directly before putting them in the machine as we did in the video, you can soak clothes in it as a prewash or you can add a scoop to the detergent drawer to boost your detergent, which is great news if you wash at low temperatures, as I do. I added a scoop to the last load of laundry I did and the grubby soles of the kids' socks came out a lot cleaner than I've seen them in a long while !

I do have one slight concern about using the powder and that is that in the past, I have had issues with similar products clogging up the detergent drawer of the machine. I was therefore really pleased to see that the new Vanish Gold Oxi Action is also available as a gel, which I think I'll definitely have to look out for.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5.75 for 470g



Disclosure : This is a sponsored but nevertheless totally honest post.


Other reviews you may be interested in :

Febreze Car Air Fresheners review


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...