Thursday 19 June 2014

Cunard Mediterranean destinations : Kusadasi

When I heard about a blogger competition involving Cunard Mediterranean destinations on the Love Chic Living and The Swelle Life blogs, I went to have a look and one town instantly leapt out at me - Kusadasi in Turkey. In just two month's time, we'll be heading right there, although sadly not on a Cunard cruiseship !


I've put together a Pinterest board to give an idea of Kusadasi and the surrounding area. The biggest local attraction is the ancient Greek city of Ephesus but the wonderful thing about Turkey is that you can just wander about, soaking up the sights, sounds and smells, from the heady blend of spices at the local markets to the hidden backstreets and alleyways to the beautiful creeks and beaches with unfathomably blue seas. The arrays of traditional souvenirs, from lanterns and slippers to evil eye pendants, offer a blaze of colours on the market stalls and you can fill your tummies with gooey, sticky, honey-drizzled pastries.

Putting together this mood board has made me even more excited about going here now - I'll be eagerly ticking off the days on the calendar until we can see Kusadasi for real !

Disclosure : This is my entry for the Cunard Mediterranean destinations competition.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Moroccan holiday diaries : Meeting the locals !

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Turkey, but two of my boys have & they loved it. They went with their respective partners & I know Gary & Christine are saving up to go back late in the year. Hope you have a great time on your holiday. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, we've been twice, to Bodrum and Antalya, but this is further north :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...