Thursday 12 June 2014

Satinique Revitalizing Hair Mask review


I love trying out new hair care products, especially as - since turning the wrong side of 40 - my hair seems to have gone quite dry and frizzy, so I was delighted to be given the chance to test Satinique's Revitalizing Mask for Damaged, Colour-Treated Hair. I had never heard of Satinique so I went to find out more about the brand. I discovered that it is a hair-care brand that has 18 new products to suit pretty much every requirement and hair type possible.

The key to Satinique's power is its exclusive, patented Enerjuve technology which "uses a positively charged complex of strengthening lipids, creatine and 18-MEA to replace the compromised cell membrane at the site of damage and reinforce weakened bonds within the cortex". That all sounds like scientific mumbo-jumbo to me and goes straight over my head, but I do appreciate the fact that the range also contains natural botanicals including Kukui Seed Oil for moisture and shine, Macadamia Nut Oil for lightweight conditioning, Pomegranate Extract to gently repair the appearance of damaged hair and Borage Oil for extra conditioning treatment.


On to the testing ! As I mentioned, the mask I tried was for damaged, colour-treated hair. My hair is dry but not colour-treated, although the write-up on the website says it is for all hair types, especially stressed, damaged or colour-treated hair. As soon as I took the lid off the tub, I could see how thick and rich the mask was.


I usually use shampoo and conditioner when I wash my hair, so for this test, I used my regular shampoo and replaced the conditioner with the mask. I started off my shower by washing my hair and applying the mask, then left it on my hair as I washed and shaved my legs so probably 10 minutes in total. It feels extremely nourishing and has the "posh hair salon" smell that is indefinable but pleasant.

As soon as I washed it out, I could feel that my hair felt extra sleek. I left it to dry naturally (going to bed with slightly damp hair) and I was very impressed next morning when I brushed it to see that it was less frizzy and looked deep-treated. It definitely had extra shine and manageability after just one application so using this once a week on a regular basis should have even better results.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £22.25 for 240ml


Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Pampering treats to welcome in the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...