Saturday 21 June 2014

Madhouse recipe : Kid-friendly salad-hater's salad


We're well into barbecue season and I always rustle up a variety of salads to go with the meat. Unfortunately, the younger Madhouse mini-testers always turn up their nose at anything with leaves in it. A couple of weeks ago, I had a brainwave - I now make the same mixed salad but just leave out the lettuce. (For the grown-ups, I put salad in a bowl, toss with vinaigrette and add these ingredients at the same time to both bowls.)

Kid-friendly salad-hater's salad


1 tin sweetcorn
1 carrot, grated
1/4 cucumber, finely diced
a handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 apple, cored and diced
a handful of green olives
diced cheddar

Throw everything into a bowl - it doesn't even need salad dressing !

The great thing about this is that the kids now ask for "salad without salad" - that's got to be the first step towards convincing them they like salad !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Cake Angels Ice Cream Cone Cupcake Kit review

1 comment:

  1. This is great. I think I could get Hunny to eat all of it except the olives. thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...