Sunday 8 June 2014

Sunday weigh-in : What goes up must come down?


I didn't weigh in last week and I haven't weighed in all week up to today because I knew it would be bad news. I've been feeling really bloated all week without really knowing why and my jeans have been feeling tighter - I haven't been pigging out or anything, although I have been guzzling loads of water due to the heat. Verdict - I've put 1kg back on - grrrr. Maybe (hopefully) it's water retention because even my wedding ring is feeling very tight.

I'm feeling like I've been stuck in this place on my weight-loss journey for far too long so I was pleased to get an email from Hypnotikadiet which sounds very similar to SlimPod, except the mp3s are longer (1/2 hour instead of 10 minutes) and they throw in extras like exercise videos and recipes. In return for a free subscription, I have to email them a progress report once a week which is great because it will force me to find the time and do it properly. I often tell myself I haven't had time to listen to the SlimPod which is silly because it's only 10 minutes. Sophie pinched my mp3 player headphones a while ago so I haven't been able to listen to it on the way to work - I'll have to get that up and running again. Let's look at this as a new beginning to kick start things again.

Positives of the week

- I worked through my lunchtime filling in school reports on Monday and had a bottle of SlimFast shake in place of lunch. Although I was hungry by the evening, this did see me through so I may do that again this week to clear the rest of my reports.

- The warmer weather is arriving which means salads, barbecues and fruit salad on the menu.

Current targets 

Last week's target : Get the numbers going down - get active as much as possible,even though it'll be a crazy week at work. (FAIL)


This week's targets : Kick of the Hypnotikadiet and let it do its stuff - lose the 900g that I put back on this week.

Short-term targets Get back to the 70-somethings.

Longer-term targets :  Get my badges back to "weight lost" being more than "left to lose"

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 83.9kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 84.8kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  8.9kg
STILL TO GO : 16.8kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +0.9kg



Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)






Wobbles Wednesday

You might also like to join in with the #WobblesWednesday link-up over at AutismMumma

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


16 comments:

  1. At least it's only one kg! Good luck for next week, hope the new programme if you decide to do it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true, I need to find my positivity again ! :)

      Delete
  2. Try not to feel down about it, weight goes up and down for various reasons. You're doing really well and I'm sure the weight will start dropping off again soon. Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck, don't let a small gain get you down, if anything it will spur you on to work harder :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, I'm still hoping it's just water retention because my ring is still tight and I'm sure you don't put weight on your fingers ! ?!

      Delete
  4. tut tut, young lady.
    Can I suggest snacking on fruits, also possibly do a couple of days a week as vegetables only with lemon/lime based dressing (ie no meat or rich sauces) - they are surprisingly refreshing.
    I'm no veggie, but enjoy veg/salad/fruit and I think my suggestion might help.
    I have the opposite problem to you - I contracted pneumonia last year and fell to 7 stone - was hospitalized for 2 weeks by my GP. I'm now back up to 9 stone and healthy, but struggling to get back to 9 and half to 10 stone, which was always my weight. Therefore, I try to eat fatty foods!!!!
    (Spencer Broadley)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Spencer, hope you reach your goal weight soon :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks - keep up the good work
      Spencer

      Delete
  5. You'll get there! Good luck with the new MP3 programme ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks xx I listened last night and fell asleep, which I'm taking to be a good sign ! lol

      Delete
  6. The Hypnotikadiet sound good, I look forward to reading about it. Best of luck Cheryl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully trying something new will help, it's sometimes easy to get stuck where you aren't failing (which you aren't) but you aren't fully succeeding, just find yourself something new and it should kick start it again - the exercise videos will be something new to try - of course it's finding the time to fit it in too! Good luck for this week!

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the MP3... And 1kg isn't huge in the grand scheme of it... You can get rid of that and more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...