Saturday 28 June 2014

New All Bran Chocolate Wheats review


Kellogg's have added a brand new product to their All-Bran range - Chocolate Wheats. I must admit, I always think of All Bran as a low calorie, low fat and high fibre healthy option rather than something I would choose for pleasure or delicious taste, so I was keen to see what we'd think.


The All Bran Chocolate Wheats look like mini Shredded Wheat-type squares, with the extra bonus of being chocolate flavoured. I'm not a big fan of most of the kid-oriented chocolate cereals on the market because I find them way too sweet, but these have a wheatier, less syrupy taste. When I bit into them, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they have a chocolate filling too - how decadent is that ?! They're a great compromise, combining high fibre wheat bran with a lovely chocolate taste that even won over the Madhouse mini-testers.


A 45g serving with 125ml of semi-skimmed milk contains 238 calories, 6g of protein, 38.4g of carbs and 5.4g of fat. This is slightly higher than regular All Bran - 193 calories, 8.1g of protein, 27.7g of carbs and 2g of fat per serving with milk - but is still quite reasonable.


The new Chocolate Wheats can be incorporated into the All-Bran 5-day challenge which  is designed to show you just how easy it is to feel more energised and revitalised and lose the sensation of feeling sluggish and bloated. (According to the website, 10g of wheat bran fibre per day helps reduce digestive transit time and the All-Bran range contains at least 2.7g wheat bran fibre per serving.)

New All-Bran Chocolate Wheats is available now in all major supermarkets, with a RRP of £2.69 for a for a 340g box. If you fancy giving them a go, don't go away - I have a giveaway coming right up where you can win a case of five boxes.

    for more information visit www.allbran.co.uk

Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Kellogg's New & Improved Kids' Cereals review

The Madhouse Warburtons Fibre Diary Challenge results are in !

6 comments:

  1. These look lovely, I am not a fan of All Bran but I reckon the taste of chocolate would be really nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love All-Bran. My kids eat bran flakes so I'm sure they'd like chocolate wheats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried these and I wasn't keen - love them without chocolate though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got some of these coming on my Asda order tomorrow, looking forward to trying them out!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried this and prefer them without chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went off All Bran some years ago but these might tempt me back.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...